turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Tennessee gobbling!

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, February 27, 2016, 11:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThunderChickenGetter

Out shed hunting today and heard 2 or 3 birds gobbling. Right around 11:30 they gobbles 5 times then I backed out so I didn't disturb them. Hoping this warm weather keeps up and gets them fired up for April!

ThunderChickenHunter21

ThunderChickenGetter

I'm in East Tennessee around Knoxville.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Ok i'm in middle tn.  Didn't know if you was close or not. 

HunterRye

Heard 8 gobbles this evening when a group of crows flew over.. Middle TN.. Starting to see some strutting

duxrus

Hearing birds rattling off this early is like seeing ducks a month before season, neither are good signs in my book. You want everything to start out when we have a gun in our lap. Anything before that is a waste.

HunterRye

No it's a good thing!!! Because you know hens aren't getting bred! That's why we wanna push turkey season to the middle of April!, remember? Lol dumbest stuff ever

duxrus

The earlier things start, the earlier things end.  :-\

HunterRye

Yeah lol, I was making a joke about TWRA wanting to move back turkey season.. I thought you got one of the surveys too. Or atleast saw it on Tnducks. I got one myself and it was so stupid.

duxrus

I caught your sarcasm  ;D

Yea shortening seasons or moving them back both got half a page responses that werent positive  :-\
I am so glad the brainiac of that trane of thought got asked to leave  :happy0064:

jg

thats what they did to our season in arkansas  it opens the 16th here,prime hunting here starts now so they will be done when our season opens,frustrating to say the least.I have hunted TN many times and its by far the best place ive ever hunted. Place called Moss/Celinas right on the cumberland river
Ozark beard busters

duxrus

Gobbling is really spotty and today was the first day the gobbling lasted up into the morning. Hens are starting to set on nests so gobbling should fire back up soon.

GED6531

I heard one bird gobble one time this morning on the roost in Southern Tennessee. I went to 8 quality farms and tried to strike something, but no action. I looked at the barometric pressure and it did not get above 30 until around 11 so that might have had something to do with the lack of gobbling. Saw 3 toms with 2 hens driving down the road. Weather was beautiful, but they sure were tight lipped this morning.

duxrus

Since Monday the birds have cranked back up.  Been working better and better. Hens are definitely in nest mode so the boys are getting desperate