turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Indiana

Started by HoosierHills, March 10, 2015, 12:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoosierHills

Plan to head out this weekend to listen has anyone in Indiana heard anything yet this year?
Foot on head.

alclark2

I read about a few strutters in southern IN.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

HoosierHills

I agree with that I am in Owen county and saw one over in Monroe county strutting last week.
Foot on head.

Crappiepro

I've been seeing large groups in Vigo,clay and putnam counties. No strutter's yet that I seen.
Shouldn't be long for west central Indiana to get fired up!

HoosierHills

Saw three different groups this weekend all had strutters in them, mid to late morning. Heard three different gobbles this am. Indiana is headed in the right direction!
Foot on head.

clfergus

Will they still be mating when season opens on April 22nd?

Crappiepro

They should be, that is as long as it doesnt warm up to much before then. I know 2 years ago season started the 27th and it had been warm early and it seemed like the toms were done and wouldnt come to calls at all. It was almost like we were a few weeks behind and the prime time was over.     :z-twocents:

HoosierHills

Quote from: Crappiepro on March 16, 2015, 07:34:32 PM
They should be, that is as long as it doesnt warm up to much before then. I know 2 years ago season started the 27th and it had been warm early and it seemed like the toms were done and wouldnt come to calls at all. It was almost like we were a few weeks behind and the prime time was over.     :z-twocents:

I remember that it was a tough year.
Foot on head.

Crappiepro

Pea-Shooter said " Its quiet in Owen County at his place this morning.
Their not talking in Vigo county either.....Hoosierhills

Moose28

I visited my place in Clay county yesterday 3-29.  Saw two Toms and heard gobbles all around.  I was surprised to hear this much activity because it was very cold mid 20's and windy.

ridgerunner

Been seeing many birds strutting in West Central Indiana, also had some birds gobbling the past several mornings.

PEA SHOOTER

9 DAYS AND A WAKE UP!!!!!

HoosierHills

head to KY Friday, then roll in to Indiana just in time for opening day. God Bless America :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
Foot on head.

alclark2

It will be here before we know it pea shooter  :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

PEA SHOOTER

2 DAYS INTO THE HUNT IN KY. AND I HAVEN'T GOT A TXT OR A PIC OF A BIRD!!!!! WHAT'S GOING ON DOWN THERE?? STICK WITH IT BRO, DO I NEED TO BRING THE CHERRY BOMB DOWN???