Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Camocutie was on FIRE at her Archer Tourn

Started by gophert, March 09, 2015, 11:10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Leah scored her personal best of 264 out of 300 this weekend. We are not sure if she placed yet, but this is the closest she has ever got.  Here is a quick snapshot of one of her 5 arrow rounds.  Gold Arrows: 9,9,9,10,10.  Very proud DAD!!!!

FullChoke

Fantastic control and concentration! Congratulations to our cutest team mate on her PB.  :icon_thumright:

BTW, when should we expect to see a photograph of her with a dead longbeard skewered on an arrow? It won't violate her 20 gauge imperative!

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on March 09, 2015, 11:27:43 AM
Fantastic control and concentration! Congratulations to our cutest team mate on her PB.  :icon_thumright:

BTW, when should we expect to see a photograph of her with a dead longbeard skewered on an arrow? It won't violate her 20 gauge imperative!

FC

I'm not sure if I have told you the story about that.  She has a hunting bow and has mentioned a few times that she would like to kill a turkey with a bow.  I told her I did not care how she killed her turkeys and killing one with a bow was very difficult, but would be a great accomplishment.  However, I told her if she misses, I'm shooting "her" bird with my shotgun.  Her reply..."I'll just use the shotgun". 

FullChoke

LOL!! Sounds like she ain't so keen on you being a backup on any of her misses.

I don't know, my brother, after last year's 70-yard-turkey fiasco I wouldn't think that she has anything to worry about from you.  :goofball:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on March 09, 2015, 12:17:54 PM
LOL!! Sounds like she ain't so keen on you being a backup on any of her misses.

I don't know, my brother, after last year's 70-yard-turkey fiasco I wouldn't think that she has anything to worry about from you.  :goofball:

FC

I have been known to sling $30 worth of TSS at a bird.

FullChoke

Several years ago I was hunting with a friend from work. We had two longbeards that came up on my side and didn't seem like they would present a good shot for him. I went ahead and shot and he rolled over and shot at the other one flying off 3 time with the big Nitro shells. I told him that every shot he took, all I heard was Cha-ching, Cha-ching, Cha-ching!

Eric Gregg

Hooter

WTG Leah!!!  Now then, ask her if she's ready to take on an old Archery pro.
Oh wait, that's right,... he can't even pull a bow anymore!!  :TooFunny: :toothy12:

All fun aside, give her a big ole Congrats hug for me, in case I don't see ya'll for awhile!  :happy0064:

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"