OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Firing pin mossberg 935

Started by Buckeye_Strutter_935, March 09, 2015, 09:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Been Having problems since last turkey season.... need help changing the firing pin i do not know how to remove the pin from breech theres no problem of taking the gun apart i just can see how to get the firing pin out please help me guys??? :blob10:
Feathers Fear Me

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Somebody has to know about a month till turkey season im dying here!!!!???!!! :turkey2:
Feathers Fear Me

Snoodsniper

One way or another its gotta come out the back of the bolt. Without it sitting in front of me I'd say check for retaining pins,clips etc.  Sorry not a Mossberg guy...if it wore a buckmark I would be more help.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Thanks for replying but there are no clips or pins......there is just a spring and the firing pin and there breech....I am lost I hope someone out there knows
Feathers Fear Me

Coker Creek

Try YouTube or look for diagram on mossberg website.

Snoodsniper

If you can not get it out I would spray it with brake cleaner then hit it with compressed air. That combo will clean darn near anything. Then lightly oil. If you are getting light primer strikes you will probably want to clean the trigger group real good as well.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Mike Honcho

Quote from: Snoodsniper on March 10, 2015, 07:39:46 AM
If you can not get it out I would spray it with brake cleaner then hit it with compressed air. That combo will clean darn near anything. Then lightly oil. If you are getting light primer strikes you will probably want to clean the trigger group real good as well.

What Snoodsniper said...if it's not broken.  After reading your post yesterday I researched online all my normal places I would find the exploded diagrams of the bolt...none show the exploded view of the bolt so no help there.  I would assume it has a very small pin that needs to be drifted out.

If you can't figure it out PM me and I will take mine apart and look at it.

Buckeye_Strutter_935

ive cleaned it several times the firing pin is to short compared to the knew one i have to change it
Feathers Fear Me

Mike Honcho

I sent you a personal message.

Snoodsniper

Hope you guys can get it figured out. That's good of Mike to offer to strip his gun to help you out. Just speaks to the quality of people on this site. Good luck!

EMSDJ2

Mike Honcho

For any other 935 owners reading this thread...I took the bolt out of my year old 935.

To remove the firing pin there is a very small roll pin (firing pin retaining pin) that runs vertically thru the bolt (from top to bottom about half inch from rear of bolt).  This will need to be driven out.

It is not designed to be easily removed like a Benelli Super Black Eagle, or Stoeger 3500 firing pin  etc.

I am pretty savvy working on guns and think I could remove mine if needed but it is so small in diameter I am afraid it would be difficult to re-install it without damaging it.   Definitely need the proper sized roll pin punch etc.

Just an FYI, hope this helps.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Buckeye_Strutter_935 on March 09, 2015, 09:32:22 AM
Been Having problems since last turkey season.... need help changing the firing pin i do not know how to remove the pin from breech theres no problem of taking the gun apart i just can see how to get the firing pin out please help me guys??? :blob10:

I apologize but I just saw your post. I don't see what the problem is with the current one but normally if you'll you can resolve any problem with light strikes by using some type of CLP directly into the bolt and soaking the firing pin with it. Let it set for several hours and then do it again. That should take care of any malfunction.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

Skeeterbait

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 11, 2015, 10:39:02 AM
I am pretty savvy working on guns and think I could remove mine if needed but it is so small in diameter I am afraid it would be difficult to re-install it without damaging it.   Definitely need the proper sized roll pin punch etc.

Probably takes what they call a cup point punch.  It is a gunsmith tool and comes in sets.  A set will cost you more than it will cost to take the bolt to a qualified gunsmith and have them replace it for you.