turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lonzo's Pot Calls

Started by Vaughnrp2, February 09, 2015, 08:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaughnrp2

Thinking about picking up one of lonzo's pot calls( class or cyrstal). I know some on the board really like them. Just looking for some feed back before pulling the trigger for one. Thanks

goblr77

You'll like either one. The last call I purchased from Lonzo a couple years ago was a padauk crystal. It's a good one. The glass call in the pic below is 6 years old and has been responsible for the death of quite a few longbeards.

davisd9

I have a glass and love it, but you cannot go wrong with crystal!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

worth612000

I have a glass over glass in a cocobolo pot and an aluminum over glass in an osage pot from him I will never part with, they have earned their place in my arsonal. If you order one from him I suggest getting one of his one piece dymondwood strikers for a glass or Crystal call. If he has them. The place that makes Dymondwood burnt down last year, getting hard to find. There are other stuff out there that looks similar, but it's not the same.

Sully53

I have 2 of his glass pot calls, they are both great sounding calls!!

Brian

mgm1955

hunter22

Here's mine. The Black Death acrylic has accounted for some really nice gobblers.

[/quote]

MikeStaten

I've got his padauk crystal and it sounds great.

davisd9

Quote from: hunter22 on February 16, 2015, 11:38:28 PM
Here's mine. The Black Death acrylic has accounted for some really nice gobblers.

Great looking collection Mr. Rickey!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

worth612000

Quote from: hunter22 on February 16, 2015, 11:38:28 PM

[/quote]

Do you own a Warehouse for all your call? LOL

worth612000

I can't imagine on how long it takes you to choose what calls you will be using on any particular day!

:TooFunny:

worth612000

Quote from: worth612000 on February 18, 2015, 04:15:06 PM
I can't imagine on how long it takes you to choose what calls you will be using on any particular day!

:TooFunny:

I'am just teasing you. You have a great collection and I wished I had just a portion of your calls. And I do like you sharing your photos of them. You should at least sell me that Jonathan Payne call for a resonble price. LOL, cause I know you won't

James

hunter22

Do I have a Jonathan Payne? I haven't seen it in some time. I am selling some calls and it may come up for sale. If it does you will get first shot at it. My problem is that I also bought a couple box calls in the past two days. If you sell two and buy two are you making any progress?????????

I need to get out my three Bud & Betty pot calls I bought back in the late 90s from Russell Lynch. Those and an Albert Paul short box were the only custom calls I had and used for years. But they sure called in their share of gobblers. Lot of fond memories using those.     

worth612000

You are so right. This week I sold one and bought 7. I don't remember fully on what's comming. I need a shrink so bad!

James

Jgarrett

I have his Birdseye maple glass and slate, really like them.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida