OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Guys I'm a 20 gauger now!!

Started by turkey buster, March 06, 2015, 05:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deast1988

I have an 870 youth I've yet to shoot maybe this weekend. Hope yours is as sweet as it looks

turkey buster

Not sure if I'll hunt the MB's. I'm waiting on UPS to bring the HW 7's sometime this week.
Magnum Blends only 104 in the 10 with 214 in the 20. Did have 19 in my poa

turkey buster

turkey buster

:20 yards was nice though w/ the blends. 115 in the turkey

Deast1988

Test all you can. I've got a youth model 870 I put a shurshot stock on it let Sumtoy drill tap lengthen forcing cone trigger action polish add his choke and I put a Redfield redot I'll finish it tmrw and pattern. A RSF with fed 7s Carlson flush lots of options to try. I haven't shot mine yet so I have no clue what a hunting pattern should be on a 870 youth. 30 or less though your gun would crush  :drool:

turkey buster

I don't like 40 yard shots and most of mine are 30 yards and in. So I think I'd be ok here, but will try the HW 7's as soon as the come.

turkey buster

Heavyweight 7's was the ticket, 154!!!!!

g8rvet

Nice pattern too. I would rather have a lower number with no holes.  That looks very good.

I see dead turkeys and they don't know they are dead. :newmascot:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Dr Juice

How's the recoil compared to a 12 gauge? :turkey2:

turkey buster

Rudy27325

Did you shoot the HW#7's at 40 yards? What kind of choke are you using?

turkey buster

That pic was at 40 yards. 154 in the 10 with a Primos Tightwad

surehuntsalot

that tightwad choke is a bad choke for 20.00
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

DUK HUNTER

My Franchi Affinity with a sumtoy 562-5 and federal HW #7 is getting 165 count.  This is my first year touting a little 20.

tree-rat sniper

Congrats & welcome to the club, I haven't used a 12 ga in years...  ;)
NRA Life Member/Pistol Instructor, NWTF, SCI (former DU, VHA & HHI).  Non Gratum Anus Rodentum!