OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Guys I'm a 20 gauger now!!

Started by turkey buster, March 06, 2015, 05:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Picked up a new Remington 870 20 gauge youth with 21in barrel at Walmart for $337 out the door. Then drove to my gunsmith and he has it now and is drill and tapping it and mounting me a base for my Mueller Quick Shot. I also picked up a box of 20ga 3in Mag Blends while I was in there. Got home and ordered 6 boxes of Heavyweight 7's in 3in from Bass Pro. I just happen to have a Tightwad choke and I'm gonna try it out and see how it does in a few days when the mount is ready.

owlhoot

20 gauge and hw7's.  There goes another 12 to safe queen status

cphill

I have good luck with the tightwad and mag blend

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

surehuntsalot

Quote from: cphill on March 06, 2015, 07:41:14 PM
I have good luck with the tightwad and mag blend

my 870 youth also likes the tightwad/magblend combo
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

ericjames

Quote from: turkey buster on March 06, 2015, 05:37:17 PM
Picked up a new Remington 870 20 gauge youth with 21in barrel at Walmart for $337 out the door. Then drove to my gunsmith and he has it now and is drill and tapping it and mounting me a base for my Mueller Quick Shot. I also picked up a box of 20ga 3in Mag Blends while I was in there. Got home and ordered 6 boxes of Heavyweight 7's in 3in from Bass Pro. I just happen to have a Tightwad choke and I'm gonna try it out and see how it does in a few days when the mount is ready.

That's what I'm talking about son. I need to drill and tap mine. Right now I just have a saddle mount on mine.

ericjames

Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 06, 2015, 09:36:08 PM

What kind of #'s are you getting with the mag blends

g8rvet

Welcome to the club. I am not yet a full fledged member until I kill one with it though, but I have my 20. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Ihuntoldschool

Wow, that is awesome. I have considered joining this club also, but I may wait and see if the Longbeards ever make it out in 20 gauge.

Can't wait to see some patterns.

turkey buster

I hope to get some patterning done at the end of the week once all this rain breaks.

I'll echo another post mentioned. I'm not technically a 20 gauger yet until My 6 year old son or myself can kill a bird with it.

But I'm well on the way

county hunter

^I am in the 20 gauge club now, too. Learning fast about 7s.

turkey buster

Here it is. Patterns to come when shells make t here and it warms up. Hopefully Saturday

surehuntsalot

Quote from: ericjames on March 06, 2015, 10:12:26 PM
Quote from: surehuntsalot on March 06, 2015, 09:36:08 PM

What kind of #'s are you getting with the mag blends
[/q

Federal 3" HW #7's    150+

160+ with the magblends
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

cphill

I am getting130 to 140 with the mag blend ...not the highest# but its pretty even no big holes

turkey buster

I haven't shot yet, but if I was to get 140's in the hw7 or mb should I be happy?

g8rvet

If it is a nice even pattern (no major holes) and consistent, heck yes.  A nice clean 140 will kill every bird (that you aim properly).   
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.