OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What are the advantages of a tube call?

Started by Marc, March 06, 2015, 04:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

I think to some degree, most popular styles of turkey calls (i.e. box call verses pot call, verses diaphragm) have advantages and disadvantages over each other...

I have played around with some tube calls, and even made some simple ones myself...  But what you say are the advantages (acoustic and otherwise) and disadvantages over other calls?
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Thunderbolt

What i've found out is birds around my way get tight lipped after the first 2 weeks and i always could pull a bird into gobbling for me...also when your running and gunning and thats what i do when im hunting a new area...I also will use it to locate during late morning hunts>Russ

USMC0331

You can make all the turkey vocals with it, add more reeds to change pitch and tone, use it  regardless of weather conditions, and easier to run than a mouth call. Very few people use them around here as well.

pappy

the ultimate surprise attack weapon, toms get wary fast and if you can holler at them with a "new girl on the block" they will bust loose for ya. No weather issues, no conditioning issues, no worry, no fuss, these lil' callers will definitely make a difference in your hunting arsenal. And cost wise, you will not find a better call that is capable of so many different attributes.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

howl

The main advantage is very few ever learn to run one accurately.

pappy

Quote from: howl on March 09, 2015, 11:27:23 AM
The main advantage is very few ever learn to run one accurately.
this is the reason a lot of turkeys stay in the woods, not too many hunters will take the time to become acquainted with their calls, tube, pot, box or mouth or whatever type. It is a game of patience out there in the field but before you head out it is a game of practice practice practice...good point.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Thunderbolt

Just like pappy said practice..the tube call is my secret weapon.when the birds get pressured and they have that extra volume to strike a tight lipped thunder chicken on that late morning hunt.Russ