OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Favorite Slate Call

Started by wcerin, March 06, 2015, 09:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcerin

Alright we talked Crystal calls, now I was wondering what  everyone's favorite slate call is. I love my Sneed Hot Hen and was looking for a partner for it.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

Bowguy

Schafer's slate over slate in a red hen pot, not even a close call. However it was an experiment, he said he is gonna make more though

paboxcall

Tuscarora Legend Jake Taker slate call.  Nice, 3.25" slate call with a glass sound board.  Very sweet call.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

scoot12

bigbird

mudhen

Light's Out...slate over glass...laminated wood pot...a variety of laminated strikers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Yelper

Ray Tom Slate with yellow heart striker.

WildTigerTrout

Cody Calls "Woodsman" with Cody's Bocote striker.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

REBELYELL

Paul Platz cherry or maple slate

reynolds243

Quote from: REBELYELL on March 06, 2015, 04:34:39 PM
Paul Platz cherry or maple slate

What does one of his slates generally run $ wise?

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

Tom Threetoes

Cane Creek Pro Custom slate.

Spitten and drummen

Paul platz maple and jimmy schaffers slate over slate red hen pot. Both sound exceptional and both are in my vest. The schaffers has a unique sound but sounds great.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

hunter22

Hard to imagine a slate call being much better than one of these three Daybreak slate/glass. Left to right:

Canary wood, Radical Bubinga, Pistachio

Britton40

worth612000

As of right now mine is a Jack "Pappy" Lewis slate over glass in a Koa pot. I have to be very careful cause it will call in hens with the Tom in tow! So using that call I make darn sure I see a long beard before pulling that trigger.