OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

mississippi

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 06, 2015, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

the weather has been terrible. winter doesn't want to let go. heard several on my lease the end of feb. in Jefferson county anybody heard anything?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Southernbuck01

Took my daughter for the youth opener this past Saturday.  It was 26 when I walked out the camp and had one hammering away about 300yds from the camp.  Saw him on the limb and some hens eventually slipped in from the other side and away they went.  Heard 2 more gobblers fire up shortly after with hens all around them, so we went back to camp and warmed up.  This was in eastern Madison county. 
All total, I counted what I believe was 4 different birds.  The one we saw in the tree gobbled probably 50 times, easy.

Spitten and drummen

went the weekend youth hunt. no one heard a bird on our lease. maybe with the warm up and all the rain, come Saturday when it finally gets sunny they will be hammering. hope so anyway.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

midmslongbeard

Heard four Saturday one of them was on fire then went yesterday and heard 3 in yazoo county

surehuntsalot

heard my first bird of the season Saturday the 21st
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

midmslongbeard

Been hearing a ton of birds on the roost in Claiborne they just are still in large groups and aren't responsive and shut up quick on the ground

ericjames

I'm in alabama right across the state line around the buckatunna area. I have land in both states to hunt. The Mississippi land I have to hunt is within a mile of the line.  I've been hearing birds gobble good. A few from 5-10 times and some that gobbled 50+ times. They were unresponsive once on the ground but the last 2 days there's been a bunch of birds die around here that I know of so I think it's getting right here.