OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

FLORIDA - 2015

Started by FL-Boss, March 05, 2015, 06:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL-Boss

Anyone hearing anything?   I though this was going to be the week since we hit 80 degrees for a few days (north fla)  - just started to feel like spring.  But I didn't hear anything this morning.  I bet we will next  week!

Post if you are.... or are not hearing birds... along with your location.

born2hunt

I will be in the woods in the morning waiting on daybreak. I'm hoping to get an ear on a couple.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

FL-Boss

Sounds great, report back with the results.

JHoyle

They are on fire in Pasco county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FL-Boss

thanks for the feedback... how long you been hearing them now in Pasco?

JHoyle

A couple weeks...really turned on this last week though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

born2hunt

Didn't get to go Fri but went Sat instead. I was in the woods 30 min before light and scouted most of the day and never heard a peep. That was in Inverness.
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

FL-Boss

I'm heading out to listen at daylight tomorrow. Will report back.

mossyhorn9

I heard lots of gobbling last Saturday morning and saw several birds strutting hens. Central Florida.

FL-Boss

nothing yet in North Fla. Did see some lone hens.. but no gobblers ... or gobbling.  anyday now and it's going to turn off big time... I can feel it....

g8rvet

Near Tallahassee.  Sat on Monday morning at my lease and did not hear a peep.  I think they should turn on pretty quickly here. Conditions looking good.  Scouted public on Sunday and did not see tons of sign in the typical spring locations, but did see enough to know it won't be long.  Also saw lots more human sign.   :(
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Seminoleturkey

I herd 3 different birds this morning just south of Tallahassee .

FL-Boss

They have been on fire for the last week.  Saw some stutters following a group of hens.  Heard a few on another roost.  Looking good so far. 

born2hunt

Ive been sitting in the woods before light for the past 3 Fridays and I have yet to here a gobble. I know they're there, just tight lipped. Most Ive heard was some hens yelping. Its killing me not to be hearing them. We will be after them next weekend with my daughter on point so I'm hoping they heat up to some calling.

Seminoleturkey

Public land gobbler were on fire this morning here in north Florida .