OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Ammo Shooters Check this out

Started by WyoHunter, March 05, 2015, 02:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyoHunter

Interesting.....  www.winchesterpatternboard.com   :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Longshanks

If I could get 5's to shoot the way they say they pattern I would never shoot 6's. I have all but given up on 5's. XX, HV, LB etc. frustrated me to death. The numbers look about right but the patterns look a whole lot better. Maybe because those are those splatter targets.

Ihuntoldschool

Very interesting, thanks for posting this.  I think the numbers look a little optimistic, but I am sure their patterns were not shot in real world conditions like the ones most of us pattern/hunt in.

I hope everyone takes the time to pattern their shotguns.

Rockhound

I got better patterns with the 5s than they say

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Longshanks on March 07, 2015, 07:03:07 PM
If I could get 5's to shoot the way they say they pattern I would never shoot 6's. I have all but given up on 5's. XX, HV, LB etc. frustrated me to death. The numbers look about right but the patterns look a whole lot better. Maybe because those are those splatter targets.

My 3" LB #5 pattern was 150-160 but very splotchy and it was ugly outside the 10".  I switched to 6's also.

Longshanks

Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 14, 2015, 07:48:07 AM

My 3" LB #5 pattern was 150-160 but very splotchy and it was ugly outside the 10".  I switched to 6's also.

Hello there Tom Foolery. You have you some gobblers lined up for this spring? Looks like allot of folks I know are running LB 6's this year. Good luck this season!

darn2ten

My 3" gun stays in the upper 180's to around 200 with the LB 5's, with my best being 203. It's bad medicine!

Tom Foolery

Quote from: Longshanks on March 14, 2015, 09:44:46 PM
Quote from: Tom Foolery on March 14, 2015, 07:48:07 AM

Hello there Tom Foolery. You have you some gobblers lined up for this spring? Looks like allot of folks I know are running LB 6's this year. Good luck this season!

I saw a group of 14 big longbeards in deer season so hopefully they hang around.  I'm heading down to the lease if I can get across the creeks today so scout around some.

Good luck to you as well.

zelmo1

I like the #5's but don't have numbers on them. I will try them again to recheck my poi and will count them out. Live test was great. Stone dead at 52, miscalculation, same at 25 and 15. Shot like a big bore rifle at 15, lol. Al Baker

10gaugemag

Interesting. I did a few comparisons with 3" #5 and #6 and with 2 different choke constrictions, 30 and 40 yards and in almost every instance the Super X was showing to put up as good or better numbers than the Double X HV and standard 2oz. loads.
Longbeards of course are a different cat.