turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Oak Ridge - Jimmy Schaffer calls

Started by TauntoHawk, March 04, 2015, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Jimmy is turning out some really good calls out of the Oak Ridge shop, if you haven't had a chance to run one of his calls give him a call his mad hen crystals are killers in the field.

Here's a little group of calls I've got from him, I thought I'd share...tear drop cedar slate, atomic 13 aluminum, original mad hen, and red hen ceramic. If you're looking for something a little different and like to work in close to those gobblers on the roost the tear drop is a must have call, the purrs and soft tree calls that come from this thing are as good as they get.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowguy

That tear drop is pretty awesome as is all his calls. I got a slate over slate "experiment" in his red hen ceramic pot. That call is the best I ever heard. Unbelievable and I have many custom calls. Also have the mad hen. Great guy too

REBELYELL

That is some serial killers right there. That Mad Hen is a meat call.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Bowguy on March 04, 2015, 10:26:21 AM
That tear drop is pretty awesome as is all his calls. I got a slate over slate "experiment" in his red hen ceramic pot. That call is the best I ever heard. Unbelievable and I have many custom calls. Also have the mad hen. Great guy too
wow I must have called him right after you got yours. He played several over the phone without telling me what was what. When he went through all his calls , I told him number three. That was the identical call that you are talking about. It was the last one he had also. I have the mad hen , mad hen 2 , atomic 13,  red hen , the slate above is coming with his tear drop slate. They may not be the best sounding calls but are extremely realistic in the woods. I have never heard any that was more realistic than these. Jmo.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Bowguy

He only made two. I got the better one! lol I'm only kidding buddy. He told me he had just sold the other. Freaking awesome call

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: Bowguy on March 04, 2015, 11:57:07 AM
He only made two. I got the better one! lol I'm only kidding buddy. He told me he had just sold the other. Freaking awesome call
awsome! So as of right now we have the only two in the country . If the one you got sounded better than this one, I wouldn't ever get rid of it lol. I only heard this one on the phone and I really liked it. Hope it sounds better in person.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

scoot12

He makes a great call,  I own 13 calls from Jimmy,  I must be an oak ridge junkie. lol

MikeStaten

I've got several from him as well.. Mad Hen, Mad Hen II, Aluminum in Maple and the Tear Drop.  All sound great and the fit & finish is second to none.  The aluminum is different than any other call I've played in that it has a unique high pitched raspy "scream".  However, I think if you need to reach out to locate in windy conditions, its probably the best call out there.  The tear drop sounds awesome.  I couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough when I heard him play it.  Most realistic soft calling I've ever heard. 

Bowguy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 04, 2015, 01:36:51 PM
Quote from: Bowguy on March 04, 2015, 11:57:07 AM
awsome! So as of right now we have the only two in the country . If the one you got sounded better than this one, I wouldn't ever get rid of it lol. I only heard this one on the phone and I really liked it. Hope it sounds better in person.
I was only kidding bout the better. I live near him n he ran a bunch of calls. I instantly liked the one I got. And he said he only made two as long as you have the red hen pot. We have em. But he may make more, he liked what he heard too. Gonna be cool trying them out. Can't wait

Hillbilly yelper

I spoke with Jimmy and after hearing him play his calls, I ended up ordering 7, including the tear drop! I think his calls sound as awesome as they look! Great guy! Can't wait to see what he comes out with next!
Tim
New email: lmurdock@k12.wv.us

ridgerunner

Jimmy is a good guy...I got one of his tear drop calls a few weeks ago..awesome purrs and clucks..great soft caller..love it!

oakridgegobbler

****CORRECTION**** I THOUGHT I HAD ONLY BUILT 2 SLATE OVER SLATES AND 2 SLATE OVER GLASS IN THE RED HEN POT AS AN EXPERIMENT CALL  ! BUT AFTER CHECKIN THE BASEMENT STOCK AND RUNNING SOME CALLS FOR A REPEAT CUSTOMER FROM TENNESSEE I FOUND A THIRD SLATE OVER SLATE AND AFTER I RAN 3 CALLS FOR HIM HE CHOSE THE SLATE OVER SLATE AND IT WILL BE HEADIN DOWN SOUTH IN THE AM! I AM OFFICALLY SOLD OUT OF THESE BUT I WILL BE TURNING MORE AFTER I GET MY MAD HEN GEN 2 ORDERS DONE ! THERE WILL BE AT LEAST 3 OUT THER THIS SPRING ANY HOW!!!! BEST OF LUCK THIS SPRING! THANKS FOR ALL THE ORDERS AND THE 12 HOUR DAYS!!!!
OAK RIDGE CUSTOM CALLS

WV Ridge Reaper

You guys are guys are gonna have to post pics of them new calls.

I like to keep jimmy in business as well..The zebra wood slate is the call that took 2 place at Midwest this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbird22

Can someone post a soundfile for the teardrop slate? I've been looking for a cluck/purr pot but haven't settled on one yet. After recently acquiring a Mad Hen Gen 2, I'd expect the Teardrop to be awesome as well!

cutt down

Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 04, 2015, 11:02:53 PM
Can someone post a soundfile for the teardrop slate? I've been looking for a cluck/purr pot but haven't settled on one yet. After recently acquiring a Mad Hen Gen 2, I'd expect the Teardrop to be awesome as well!

If no one posts a soundfile then pm me your number & I'll play if for ya over the phone or call Jimmy & get him to play it. I hate to call him though cause I end up buying another call when I talk to him. I will say this, it's an awesome little cluck/purr call. It sounds real!