turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cut Positioning

Started by GobbleNut, March 01, 2015, 06:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Here's another tip for both mouth call makers and those that use them:  the position of the cuts along the sound reed can make a big difference in the sound quality of a call, based on the calling techniques and mechanics of the user.  When experimenting with call designs, a good method is to make the same call multiple times, but with the cuts located in different areas along the sound reed (upper, long reed).  Some callers do much better with the cuts in the sound reed positioned nearer to one edge or the other of a call, rather than in the center. 

Call users that are still trying to achieve their best quality sound can benefit by taking the time to learn where the best location of the cuts is for their calling technique.  Having access to a mouth call maker that will make them calls with the cuts in different locations can be very beneficial to them. 

Gooserbat

So true,  a great example is a cutter or combo cut being inverted from ethr right or left.  I've also seen V cuts placed to one side.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Bottomland

i agree i like the combo cut on the left side opposed to having it on the right.  Trial and error when it comes to making mouth calls