OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Virginia 2015

Started by forcercon1, March 01, 2015, 04:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forcercon1

That's a great sign. I heard 2 tree gobble a few times.

Brs2427

I went and listen this morning with my boykin. Heard to gobble on the roost for about 15 minutes, never gobbled on the ground. It was an awesome morning to be in the woods

Vaturkeyhntr

Lots of this after they hit the ground!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forcercon1

That's a beautiful site. I'm seeing groups with gobblers still ganged up.

forcercon1

A few gobbles this afternoon before roosting.....

Is anyone else hearing anything?

Mazahoochi

Definitely.  Yesterday I listened to one gobbling his head off - on the roost and on the ground.  We've got two or three pairs of barred owls that must be nesting in the area and doing a lot of hootin' back and forth every morning and almost every time the gobbler would answer.  Few times I heard what sounded like a jake that would hit it just as the big boy's gobble was trailing off. 

forcercon1

It seems the signs are promising for the Spring.

striker37

Went out this morning with a guy I hunt with. He heard 11 on the roost on 1st farm he went to. I heard 2 on the roost and bumped 2 off the roost on 1st farm I went to. Heard 1 on 2nd farm at 7:45 on the ground. Saw 3 strutters with 12 hens in a field on 3rd farm at 8:30.

forcercon1

I was late getting out this morning but saw a group in a field. It looked to have 3 gobblers in it. The boss gobbled at crows a few times.

forcercon1

I have not been able to get out in the morning to listen, but I saw 3 strutters and 2 hens in a field around 3:30 today. Anybody else hearing / seeing anything?

Vaturkeyhntr

Heard 3 this morning at one of our farms in Prince William County.

adamg

Have been hearing a few gobble on the roost.  Was able to see a bird strutting on his limb this morning when I got home from work at 7am.  Had a hen with him, and heard one more gobble nearby.  Opening day should be good!

forcercon1

I went out for a short time Saturday morning and the weather was horrible, a combination of snow & high winds. When the winds slowed down around 7 I heard a few birds on the roost sounding of at crows.

Anybody else hearing anything?

Vaturkeyhntr

19° this morning and they were absolutely screaming!!!!  Heard 14 different birds and 4 of them gobbled really good on the ground.

striker37

Went out yesterday morning and this morning, heard no gobbling.