OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

835 choke suggestions

Started by Mossy517, March 22, 2011, 02:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sugarray

I agree, SumToy's patterns are great turkey killing patterns.  I have thought about them myself, especially when I was having trouble with the 20 gauge.

You will not be disappointed if you hand load.  The TSS is amazing stuff.

Call often, shoot straight!!

Tail Feathers

A friend of mine has a Carlson .670 that shoots the 3.5" H 13 great.  Shot it for him Monday and was very impressed.

This from a Rhino/Nitro shooter.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

goblr77

Quote from: sugarray on March 23, 2011, 08:52:20 AM
I agree, SumToy's patterns are great turkey killing patterns.  I have thought about them myself, especially when I was having trouble with the 20 gauge.

You will not be disappointed if you hand load.  The TSS is amazing stuff.

Call often, shoot straight!!

I was on the verge of ordering a Sumtoy for my 20 Mossy as well. A PG .570 was my last ditch effort before ordering the Sumtoy and just so happen it gave me the numbers I wanted. I've got all my rigs choked like I want 'em now but when I buy another gun Sumtoy will get a shot.

Belo83

how do you guys like the jellyhead 690s for the 835?

trkehunr93

I have a jellyhead currently in my 835 and it patterns the H13 3.5" #6's & #7's very well. 

Smart longbeard

I'm very happy with my jelly head/ 935.

Belo83

ok one more. seems expensive. but how about the indian creek? found one on sale for $69

http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=001050004

coyotetrpr

I have been getting what I feel to be good patterns with the Hevi-shot 676 choke and 3.5 magblends. 280 at 40 and 120 at 50. Pattern at 20 however is still fairly open (about 20 in). Hope this helps.
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.