turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hook's or Halloran?

Started by bluerivertrapper, February 28, 2015, 08:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluerivertrapper

I've been looking at both the Hook's and David Halloran calls and trying to decide which one to get. I'm heading to Kansas again this year and was wanting a pot call that really cuts the wind. I was looking at Hook's Assassin Cedar Crystal and Halloran's Twisted Sister and Crystal Mistress. Any opinions on those calls would be helpful. Thanks

chuckward

The Hook's to me is the most bang for you buck of any call I've seen. My son bought one at the convention and its one sweet little pot. I think the Mistress is a better call, but will cost you a couple dollars more. The sister is a little raspy for my liking.  Chuck

packmule

I agree with the above post, the assassin glass is a really good call as well. You'll be hard pressed to find better customer service than Hooks can provide as well, that's always a deciding factor for me as well.
Good luck.

Bowguy

Look at Schafers as well. He'll run em on phone for us. The mistress is raspy but a great choice. Hooks are also great calls w great customer service

KansasGobbler

Hooks Bronzed Glass assassin. Our Kansas birds love em ;)

Stump.270

I have all 3 and the mistress wins my vote but the assassin glass is good real good they came out with a crystal this year too

mgm1955

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

TRKYHTR

Either of those are great but I like the Hooks a little better and they are good guys to deal with.

Joe
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

VAarrowslinger

try the Hook's exterminator crystal!

Stump.270

The holloran double glass for 50$ is by far the best bang for the buck and one of the best pots period

perrytrails

Quote from: Stump.270 on March 01, 2015, 05:32:30 PM
The holloran double glass for 50$ is by far the best bang for the buck and one of the best pots period
Agreed!! Great sound

goblr77

I'd go with Halloran's crystal mistress or twisted sister. They're hard to beat.

ncturkey

I think it is hard to choice from those calls. I think it is more of the hunters choice of what they like. Plus they know the type of sound that works well where they hunt. All have called in tons of gobblers. I say get one of each and let the turkeys in your neck of the woods decide who's is best. Tell tel you the truth I have heard all the calls mentioned and they are all pure turkey. Any of them will get the job done. Good luck on your choice. Hope you call in a big ole gobbler.

jordanz7935

Tough choice as they are both great calls and people.Both have great C.S. in my expereince. I know without a doubt that my crystal mistress is the best sounding pot call, to ME, that i have ever personally put a striker to. Then again i havent tried a ton of different custom calls but i have run a few and listen to every soundfile i can of the "top" custom pots . First time i ran that call i said wow!Called my little brothers first longbeard in first time out with my crystal mistress. His new Metal Mouth crystal sounds awesome too.