Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

lost my deer and turkey lease!!!

Started by makova, February 25, 2015, 05:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makova

i have been hunting the same farm for 24 years, 2000 acres largest farm in the county! lines of people trying to get it out from under me. Last week i got a email saying that i am out, from the owner. i was crushed. I sent a reply to the owner and no luck. I called today after trying to find anything else(good luck with that) she told me that all the fields look like there was a racetrack in the middle of her hay fields. Well after a lot of work turns out that another group went in and was trashing the place to get us toss out. well long story but i am back in just no parking on the farm except a little pull off in the back and a long hike to hunt and a smaller group. so guess this is why there is no farms that allow hunters around here any longer, the best way to get a hunting spot is to ruin it for others!!! what is wrong with hunters today?
mike

bowhunter2k9

wow thats crazy, i woulda been real pissed
Romans 8:38-39

willy8457

mike , hikeing in and having a smaller group might make it better in the long run, hopefully it all works out for ya,

makova

willy i agree it might be better but 10 days without sleep sucked!

Ctburdchasr

Sounds like you hunt in Connecticut.... Up here that is par for the course... This past year before opening day of rifle deer season, while scouting the night before the hunt and picking up my trail cameras I had three cameras smashed and witnessed a hunter putting bait under one of my stands!!!!!the next morning i walked in and set up on the ground about 150 yards away overlooking the spot only to witness the same guy pointing out my stand to a environmental control officer..... What he didn't know is I called my friend (the officer) the night before and told him about it. I also had him (the other hunter) on camera putting out the bait..... Needless to say I got the measly 16 acres to myself and he got a ticket for baiting, trespassing, and reporting false information. This year I am not hunting in that area at all.