turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cutting tape

Started by ZachH28, February 25, 2015, 11:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachH28

What are yall's opinions or preferences when it comes to cutting tape? I'm thinking about buying a cutter from Thad but $500 seems like a lot to pay for something you can do with a pair of scissors. I can cut them by hand when I trace it using a different call but I don't feel like I am getting the consistency that I need... any advice?

thanks
Zach

GobbleNut

Like you, Zach, I am not going to spend a bunch of money on a fancy tape cutter when the same thing can be accomplished with scissors or razor blade.  I use a small pill bottle cap as the template for my tape cuts.  True, it is still hard to get an absolutely perfectly symmetrical cut with scissors,....but unless I start wanting to go into the big-time call selling business, they will get the job done just fine. 

Gooserbat

From a call builder who does it for a living I will say that unless you plan on selling calls I wouldn't worry about it. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.