OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Best Diaphram Mouth Call for Beginner

Started by clfergus, February 24, 2015, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swampchickin234

clfergus

i have been trying out a few calls. Tried the HS Strut old raspy hen and double D, tried a zink z-cutter and motherlod x-terminator another member sent me for free.

I have to say, the v-cut style calls seem easier for me to produce a nice sound with. The motherlode sounds really good but it is super loud. I can't seem to blow it quiet at all.

Excited to try my gooserbat calls. Gonna order some hooks calls too. I emailed Scott Hook and he suggested I try the Game Changer 2, Persuader and Deceiver calls he makes.

BrentYAKman

YAK Game Calls coroner or voo doo they are both two reed calls and are very easy to blow!

clfergus

Well got my Gooserbats in the mail. The Classic Hen call is pretty good, I can actually make the purr sound with it. For some reason the bacon call and I do not agree. I can only make it sounds like a mad baby chimpanzee. I do love my Gooserbat Old Hickory Slate call I just got, something about their mouth calls don't work for me.

Gonna order a few Hooks but if they don't work out it will be the Motherlode and Flextone - Turkey man call in my vest this season.

deerbasshunter3

Quote from: clfergus on March 26, 2015, 02:53:53 PM
Well got my Gooserbats in the mail. The Classic Hen call is pretty good, I can actually make the purr sound with it. For some reason the bacon call and I do not agree. I can only make it sounds like a mad baby chimpanzee. I do love my Gooserbat Old Hickory Slate call I just got, something about their mouth calls don't work for me.

Gonna order a few Hooks but if they don't work out it will be the Motherlode and Flextone - Turkey man call in my vest this season.

I am also struggling with the bacon. When I can make a turkey sound it sounds great. 90% of the time though, I can't get anything but yelps. I may be sticking with my Legacy Lone Hen unless I can figure out how to make turkey sounds with the bacon.

jbranham63

I use the hooks Ghost cut mouth call and it is easy to learn. Have used it for a few years now.

Honolua

Gooserbat

Quote from: clfergus on March 26, 2015, 02:53:53 PM

I would say that with the narrow tape design it may not fit your mouth right.  Also ad good as the Bacon is there are a few guys who just don't click with it.  I have one staffer who's not on board with it.  I do.believe its a great call but no one call is right for every caller.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

clfergus

Totally agree Gooserbat. The classic hen I got from you is working really well now. I think it is just my style and the bacon. It is like HS Strut calls, my dad can blow then quite well but I can't from some reason.

I will say I am enjoying your slate call quite much.