OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Faulk;s C-50

Started by clfergus, February 22, 2015, 04:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clfergus

I have been reading what people on other sites think about crow calls and seem to see a bunch of fans of the Faulk's C-50 call.

I already have a Gibson Walnut call and was wondering if anyone on this board thinks the Faulk's is a better call than the gibson for crow hunting.

Just curious.

Lonehowl

Overall, I dont, but the Faulks has killed tons of crow too. It just personal preference really. They are two totally different calls...and thats a good thing. Having a couple different calls with different tones and pitches keeps them from wising up as fast.  And personally, I like using different calls, just because its fun, you can never have to many : )

Also, the mechanics of the call counts too. Calls like a Gibson have easy to remove toneboards that you can adjust the reed for a bit different pitch/tone, and also make it easy to clean. Calls like the Faulks or Mallardtone type, have toneboards that are basicly dowels inserted into a hole, and are pretty tight (especially a Faulks), and may get super tight if they swell up a little with moisture. If they clog up with saliva, or you want to adjust them, you may need to get a small 3/8 wood dowel,insert up thru the barrel and tap the mouthpieces out. A bit more inconvenient while hunting, but can be done pretty fast. Another reason to carry backup calls.

Also, Faulks calls are about 15 bucks, and a lot of guys dont buy something like a Gibson cause they think they are way more expensive...but if you look around, you can get a Gibson for around 27-28 bucks in certain places. Well worth it.

Just my opinions,
Mark

TNhunterKMC

:TrainWreck1:gets no better sounding than a faulks c50.    I'm using one that my dad had 40 years ago and won't head to the turkey woods without it.

clfergus

I have been rotating between the Faulks, Gibson and Mallardtone. I love all three but I have to say now my favorite is Gibson, then Mallardtone, then Faulks. They are all so close though.

perrytrails

I've carried a c-50 since the 80's. Actually bought a back up and extra reeds. Still going strong to this day. Great call.

I also carry a Faulks goose call. Light weight plastic, small. Sounds good.