Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Win. Longbeard XR 3.5 #5 out of Mossy 835/Colonial Arms .676

Started by BJEoutdoors, February 21, 2015, 12:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJEoutdoors

Hey guys... first post! I'm new to oldgobbler. This is my first pattern shooting 3.5 inch longbeard xr #5s out of Mossy 835 with my new colonial arms .676 choke. 163 hits in 10" at a lasered 40 yards. I'm fine with it. What do yall think?

ericjames

Welcome to old gobbler!  Looks like your ready to go hunt!

TnTurk

BJEoutdoors

Thanks to all, I just started getting in to turkey hunting last year. Dad never has been that big on it, fishing fever gets ahold of him in the spring. I decided to try managed to call a big longbeard up 2nd day of season. He gobbled probably 25 times and came in full strut, but hung up at 40. I shot and "missed". Well, needless to say I was hooked but also did not get a lick of sleep that night due to the miss/wound. I didn't get many more chances to hunt last year due to aau basketball, and couldn't get any within range. I'm ready for this year though! The difference between the colonial arms and the factory xx full ultimag is night and day... But I still wonder if it is as good as an original stardot. Either way, I am pleased with it.
:thanks:

surehuntsalot

welcome aboard I have one of the stardot chokes for my 835 and that pattern looks as good as any I have seen with mine.....Happy Hunting and good luck
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Tennessee Lead

I may have to give them another try. I wasn't impressed last year with my 835 and a .675 GT

Good looking pattern

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker