turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Schaffer mad hen gen 2

Started by Spitten and drummen, February 20, 2015, 08:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Trying to find someone who has one they may be willing to trade. I have several custom calls ceramic copper crystal and glass pot calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

davisd9

There is one that was posted just a little bit before your ad.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Spitten and drummen

Yeah I was talking back and forth for a minute and someone bought it . Oh well. Thanks though
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

WV Ridge Reaper

Just call Jimmy and get ya one..you won't regret it I promise!

davisd9

Quote from: worth612000 on February 20, 2015, 10:27:54 PM
You have to be fast on here !  I placed a wanted ad on Osage Roost that I wanted to buy a Watkins box call. A  guy that had one gave a description and price in a reply to post instead of sending a pm and another member immediately bought it from him. I never got a 1 st chance or nothing. Heck it was my wanted ad, I felt like I had been done dirty by seller and the other member for asking. I would have been o.k. With  I got your info if He't doesn't want it you will be next in line.

That is dirty.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

davisd9

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on February 20, 2015, 09:48:58 PM
Yeah I was talking back and forth for a minute and someone bought it . Oh well. Thanks though

Well dang. That sucks. Sorry it happened that way.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Spitten and drummen

It's cool guys. I don't blame anyone for wanting to entertain other options. I was just trying to wheel and deal and during the dealing it was like bam , I sold it already sorry. Then he asked if I had a Clint Corder slate I wanted to sell him. I just replied nope. I actually have one and if he would have discussed that with me we may have made a trade. It is his call so he could do what he pleases. I am not upset about it , but after that I will never offer a trade on anything with him. I have a mad hen and don't know why I want a generation 2. Never even heard one but just got the itch. I have actually tried calling jimmy 3 times since the convention and can't get him. Oh well , if anyone has one for trade pm me and see if we can make a deal.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

worth612000

Jimmy will play it over the phone, pm me your number and I will check the one on my phone and try to send it to you. It's more mellow due to the slate with less rasp than the original. Scoot said He took 4 gobblers with the original last year. Said he like the sound better on some of his other crystals, but the birds seem to have a different opinion and the outcome wasn't good for them.

Tom Dooley

Spitten and Drummen I want to say I am very sorry that you feel I did you wrong. That is not what I intended at all. You were offering me trades and I told you thanks for the offers but I wanted to see what other offers I got. I felt obligated to sell the call to the first one who offered me what I was asking. I would have felt I was doing wrong to keep entertaining offers when someone offered me what I was asking. I have not done a lot of trading on here but if you ask the ones I have traded with I think they would say I treated them fairly. The most important thing to me is my name. I would like to make this up to you. PM me you name and address and I will call Jimmy and have him send you a new Mad hen free of charge.

Spitten and drummen

I apologize for coming off the way I did. I was not mad at all. I was kind of shocked . I like to wheel and deal on here and you are absolutly right. You got the offer you wanted. I would most likely do the same as you did thinking about it. As soon as I saw that call come up I should have just bought it. I have called jimmy a few times and can't get him. That's unusual. I love his mad hen and really want the gen 2. Money is a little tight so it is more feasable to find one that someone is willing to trade. My hats off to you and again I apologize. You are a stand up guy. Good luck this season
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

davisd9

Great to see things worked out like adults with no drama. Hats off to both Spitten and drummen and Tom Dooley!

Sent from the Strut Zone

tomstopper

Quote from: davisd9 on February 21, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
Great to see things worked out like adults with no drama. Hats off to both Spitten and drummen and Tom Dooley!

Sent from the Strut Zone
:agreed: 100%. Don't see this often enough....

worth612000

Tom, What made you decide to sell it?, you couldn't have had it long. Great price too! Scoot has made me lean towards the original Mad Hen, but I like to learn as much as I can. I know we all have our personal preference and it could be that simple. If you have anything you can add I would greatly appreciate it.byou can pm me if you prefer,

Thanks,
James

bmhern

A bunch of stand up people on this site, I'm glad to be a part of it. :icon_thumright:

Tom Dooley

Quote from: worth612000 on February 21, 2015, 10:59:16 AM
Tom, What made you decide to sell it?, you couldn't have had it long. Great price too! Scoot has made me lean towards the original Mad Hen, but I like to learn as much as I can. I know we all have our personal preference and it could be that simple. If you have anything you can add I would greatly appreciate it.byou can pm me if you prefer,

Thanks,
James

This is a great call as others will agree. I am selling it because I just don't have a real good feel for glass and crystal. I am partial to slate calls. Last year I used my Hot Hen from Lonnie Sneed and a David Halloran diaphragm exclusively. I have worked a lot of overtime this winter so I had a little extra money to spend on calls so I thought I would try some different calls out.