OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTT Dawkins Crystal

Started by Onpoint, February 20, 2015, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Quote from: worth612000 on February 21, 2015, 02:55:13 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 20, 2015, 08:40:42 PM
If the trade goes through than someone got a steal to get a Dawkins for a Woodhaven. Good luck on the trade if that is the direction you decide to go.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Not sure about that David. A $100 Dawkins for a $150 Woodhaven Vintage Hen is not a great or even trade. A member on here, I can't  remember his name without going back through my messages had 11 Dawkins for sell for $75 TYD. He finally took what he couldn't sell on here over to EBay some sold for $75 , a couple  in the $80's and the majority sold for $65.

James

The Vintage Hen may cost more money but it does not mean it is the better call. I know the guy you are talking about but maybe he lost money on his calls. Regardless whether he lost money or not the cost that he sold them for does not really matter in this discussion as that is not the price that Dawkins usually asks, people got a deal.  When it comes to my vest and I had to choose between the two then it is the Dawkins hands down. Woodhaven makes a decent call but the majority are overpriced, the sell Sadler McGraws Cluck-n-Purr pot for 52.99 when you can get it straight from him for $40. 

Regardless it does not matter what I think. If the gentleman wants to trade the call for whatever other call then it is his prerogative and I wish him the best. I gave my opinion based on a call to hunt with and not the money value and he probably does not care two hoots and a holler what my opinion is. I stand by my statement that someone gets a steal in that deal, hopefully it will help him get the call he wants.

Sorry to derail your thread Onpoint, I will keep off the thread here on out and good luck with your trade.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

worth612000

OnPoint when you trade, please send this Woodhaven fan a sound file. If I get one it will have to be a used one. It will be a cold one before I pay their current prices.