OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTT Dawkins Crystal

Started by Onpoint, February 20, 2015, 07:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onpoint

im probably gonna regret this, but im considering letting my dawkins crystal go.

I've heard a couple woodhaven vintage hens that I really liked. I've also heard a couple that I wasn't that crazy about. if you got one of the special ones and want a Dawkins crystal then we can probably work something out

davisd9

If the trade goes through than someone got a steal to get a Dawkins for a Woodhaven. Good luck on the trade if that is the direction you decide to go.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

scoot12

Wow,  in my opinion the dawkins crystal with a two piece diamondwood striker is one if not the best sounding call I own in my opinion.  Scoot

Footballer

Who makes those strikers in the top left of your bag?

idratherb

nitro

Just one man's experience, but I haven't found one Woodhaven call yet that I prefer over a true Custom call.

YMMV. Good luck.
Royal Slam 2008

hunter22

I agree with scoot, my Dawkins crystal is one of the best sounding glass calls I have heard or run. It will be in my vest first morning this spring.

SheGotHoOks

Quote from: Footballer on February 20, 2015, 09:12:06 PM
Who makes those strikers in the top left of your bag?
These strikers are made by Derrick Stuckey, we have many of his strikers.. And he has his call line up its obsession custom calls. His strikers are the best that we've used,  we haven't had the chance to try any of his calls yet tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheGotHoOks

Also.. Justin hasn't been able to reply to threads for a long time.. So let me say this for him, this call is right there with some of the best calls that we've heard.. However we have about 4 more that sounds just as good as this one.. And so he figured he'd get some interesting offers on this..

Jbird22

Quote from: SheGotHoOks on February 21, 2015, 12:28:53 PM
Also.. Justin hasn't been able to reply to threads for a long time..
??? .. Not able to as in been busy or something wrong with the forum not allowing him to?

SheGotHoOks

No.. Nothing's wrong with him..  For some odd reason he just hasn't been able to reply for at least a year now.. And no matter what he does.. He can't seem to fix it! He's goOd tho..

Jbird22

Quote from: SheGotHoOks on February 21, 2015, 02:40:33 PM
No.. Nothing's wrong with him..  For some odd reason he just hasn't been able to reply for at least a year now.. And no matter what he does.. He can't seem to fix it! He's goOd tho..

Glad to hear it's just a forum issue. You might want to try sending a PM to Old Gobbler (Shannon) to see if he can get him fixed up. Here's a link to his profile. http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1

worth612000

Heard the Dawkins is the best. I love Woodhaven calls and have the Vision Crystal and the Cherry Classic Crystal and Cherry Slate. The Cherry Classic Crystal is my favorite of them and I bought mine when they were cheap. To me the Vintage Hen appears to be a Cherry Classic Crystal in a Walnut pot with a walnut sound board vs the Cherry sound board.. Never had one or heard a sound file. Good luck with your trade.

SheGotHoOks

Quote from: worth612000 on February 21, 2015, 02:55:13 PM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 20, 2015, 08:40:42 PM
If the trade goes through than someone got a steal to get a Dawkins for a Woodhaven. Good luck on the trade if that is the direction you decide to go.

Sent from the Strut Zone

Not sure about that David. A $100 Dawkins for a $150 Woodhaven Vintage Hen is not a great or even trade. A member on here, I can't  remember his name without going back through my messages had 11 Dawkins for sell for $75 TYD. He finally took what he couldn't sell on here over to EBay some sold for $75 , a couple  in the $80's and the majority sold for $65.

James
We bought one of them calls. It had about as much life as a five dollar ceramic call. Sent it back, wouldn't have even felt right selling it. This call here is straight from Mr. Dawkins

worth612000

yes that guy mention He was getting one back, He stated He tried some of the ones he hadn't sold yet and they sounded o.k. he never gave an update one the one that was being returned. The 2 crystals he had were in the pack, never understood why the slate call were not in the original pack.