turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who names their guns?

Started by Beretta686, March 21, 2011, 10:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renegade19

I don't, but my old buddy jokingly calls my 870 "Big Thunder".

bird

With that being said....

Black Bird or VooDoo Stick

reynolds243

Quote from: bird on March 22, 2011, 12:15:15 PM
OK guys.... Let me remind you all that I had to clean this thread up some because of some implied language.  Remember now this is a "family" site and we all need to abide by the site rules especially when it comes to the language that we use or imply to use.  It is difficult for me at times also because I am probably one of the worse potty mouths known to man, but if I can do it, so can you.  Please remember that there are young viewers on OG and not every parent wants their child reading vulgarities or implied vulgarities.

Thank You

bird

"OG is maintained to a standard that allows your young children to log onto here and see nothing offensive." 

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,8.0.html 

i apologize Bird, i will clean it up.....

archery1

mule.. kicks like one and don't listen either
Take a kid hunting

bird

Quote from: reynolds243 on March 22, 2011, 12:47:29 PM

i apologize Bird, i will clean it up.....

Your cool brother.... just a little reminder is all.  :icon_thumright:

My wife has to remind me all the time too.....
 :begging:

NorthGaHunter

I sometimes name mine when I miss.    :angry9:

WyoHunter

My M303 Beretta 12 ga. is named "Betty Beretta". Her counterpart is a Beretta 391 20 ga. and her name is "Baby Beretta".  :icon_thumright:
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

Borden811

My SBE II earned the name "Hot Thunder" from a priceless incident a couple of years ago.

MooseJohnson76

My buddy and I call ours 870 SM's either ditch witchs or turkey sweepers

BrowningGuy88

I generally call my 870 --- "The 870", and the Winchester 1300 NWTF is just "Papa's gun" --- no fancy names. Just what it is.

southernfly

870 3 1/2" 12 ga is "Lucifer". 870 20 ga is "the angel of death"

Odessa

Names just don't fit with inanimate objects for me.  I tried naming a pair of rifles "Thunder" and "Lightning" once several years ago, but soon went back to referring to them simply as the "Model 70" and the "Model 71" - it just seemed contrived to me, so I never named any more.
"I admire a good turkey hunter chiefly because such a man displays qualities that we usually associate with pioneer America-patience, enthusiasm, woodcraft, game sense, and a quiet hardihood undaunted by rain, by cold, by long tough miles, by disappointment."
Archibald Rutledge

paladin

I do.
835..."The Tukey Slammer 2000" ...when I bought it.
Encore ...."Paladin"  ... as in have gun-will travel. It is light.
bps 10  ..."the Hammer"
"have gun-will travel"

chatterbox

"Son of a gun, this thing kicks!"
Or simply stated, "the thumper!"

GOLD HUNTER

I named my win1300 "CUTTER" ...... She knows how to cut them birds down !!!   :newmascot:

Brian