turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Wet box call needed

Started by AdamSean, February 17, 2015, 11:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdamSean

I hunt rain or shine and I need my equipment to work in all types of weather. I have a couple of great box calls, but have to leave them at home when it rains. Box calls are an important tool in my toolbox. I am looking for a great sounding wet box call.

I actually have a Down N Dirty Shadow of Death wet box call. It sounds good, but it is just lacking in volume. Can someone offer me some suggestions as to some good sounding wet bax calls that have both a good sound and the volume to actually cut through the rain?

scoot12

I don't know if they still make them but I have a Quaker Boy Hurricane box that sounded ok,  to be honest I have never heard a great sounding wet box.  Scoot                         https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKALiHWdzqk  Here is a video of quaker boy running the new walnut version of the hurricane.  Hope this helps Scoot                                             

moonman

HS Strut Closer box call.Mine sounds pretty good.
Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

otis

penns woods has one called wizzard

AdamZ

The QB hurricane is killer. The maple wood costs more but ma!es great tones. Its got the curved lid, too.
I also have an a banshee fromQB that's a one side. I use that in my regular arsenal not just wet.
Good luck!
AZ
I ain't often right but I've never been wrong.

worth612000

I have one of that has some sort of grit on edge so it will play in the rain. I never hunt in the rain due to my gun, but back to the story the box its self is still wood so how would it hold up? Always believe wood and rain don't go hand in hand!

strutnrut

I know a guy who uses a bread sack. Says it works but havent tried it

bcknuts

Primos wet box call can get it done.    Kevin
Kevin

packmule

I like the WoodsWise wet box calls.  Very happy with their sound.