OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which new Shotgun

Started by Bighatlaw, February 17, 2015, 10:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bighatlaw

So tax money is in and I'm gonna buy a new Gobble Blaster. I'm torn in what to get and looking for opinions and advice. Let's pretend price doesn't matter, but don't be ridiculous. Last year I picked up a new SX3 for turkey hunting, but as happens, got in a bind on bills and sold it to a coworker.   Only bought cause I got a deal on it and it wasn't my favorite. So what do you recommend?  I'm all ears and thanks.

Gumby

Ithaca Turkeyslayer

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Bighatlaw

It's funny you say that. I was looking at my local dealer today and they just unpacked a new Ithaca Turkey Slayer with the thumb hole stock. Loved it but was a little concerned about tearing that great looking stock all to hell in the woods.

taylorjones20

Benelli SBE2 - If price doesn't matter lol
Alive only by the Grace Of God

K9Doc

Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Snoodsniper

Gun shops gotta love tax returns...

Assault

VERSAMAX.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jg

mossberg 935 or if your budget minded mossy 835, you wont be dissapointed with either. They both throw amazing patterns and there are all kinds of used and new accessories out there for purchase that fit these shotguns
Ozark beard busters

Bowguy

I agree w the Mossberg choices. Over bored barrels, open forcing cones allow for great patterns which is the name of this game

SKFOOTER

If you are wanting a dedicated turkey gun, I recommend the 20 gauge Winchester SX3 w/24" Cantilever barrel.  Mount a Burris FastFire 3 on it and shoot the Federal Heavyweight 3" #7's. 

cphill

Mike Honcho

I own an Ithaca 37 Turkeyslayer, love it. 835 and 935 , love them.

Don't overlook the Stoeger 3500 semi auto...around $ 600, action similar to a Benelli Super Black Eagle.   Mine is 24" barrel, Realtree APG, red dot on it.  For the money a very nice gun, shoots 2 3/4" ( 1 1/8 oz and up) , 3" and 3 1/2" and goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

bbcoach

You can't go wrong with the Mossy 835 or 935 and the Remington 870 is a Turkey killin machine as well.  Add a quality choke with some Longbeards and you won't break the bank.

Gumby

Quote from: Bighatlaw on February 17, 2015, 10:29:15 PM
It's funny you say that. I was looking at my local dealer today and they just unpacked a new Ithaca Turkey Slayer with the thumb hole stock. Loved it but was a little concerned about tearing that great looking stock all to hell in the woods.

Ya, that thumbhole ithaca is too fancy for me....synthetic or camo version is the way I would go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk