OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

favorite mouth call?

Started by WNCTracker, February 17, 2015, 08:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

WildSpur

TOPS Real Hen.  The one with the green tape.  It's the one that brings in the most birds to the gun for me.

Cluck more, yelp less

Hitman 23

Woodhaven copperhead II , woodhaven scorpion, dead end batwing 2 for clucks and purrs. Gonna try some gooserbat this year.

Bama turkey hunter

Jim pollard original bat wing 3.
Tony

Terry

Candyman

A ghost cut made by Sadler McGraw is the first one out of my call case. Fine call

Bowguy

Try the Hooks. I can use any call but the Hooks blows so easy it's fun to use em. Just recently tried them n I'll be ordering more

Gobblerjim

Woodhaven red wasp, black wasp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNCTracker

Thanks!  I got the gooserbat bacon and hooks executioner II. I've never used a three reed call and am surprised at the difference. Does anyone have a general tip when going from double to triple reed?  Initially it seems like I need to keep it farther forward in the tongue and blow harder. Is that about right?  Fortunately I've got a month to practice and a 30 minute commute to work :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ridgerunner

On the rare event I have a mouth call in, It's a Woodhaven Copperhead.

BrentYAKman

YAK Game Calls ridge runner or persuasion! For a nice raspy hen very easy to blow

donjuan

Sadler McGraws 2.5 reed ghost cut and 3 reed combo cut
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

WildTigerTrout

Primos "True Double" stacked frame.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Devastator

Dr Juice