Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Nashville

Started by FullChoke, February 16, 2015, 11:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Well I saw a group photograph this morning with at least 3 of our teammates in it that was taken in NashVegas at the NWTF Convention.  Would any of the participants care to share their observations, impressions and inside scoops of GobbleCon2015?   :popcorn:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Well, I go every year, only because I work about 15 min from the Opryland Hotel.  It was much bigger this year and totally confusing.  I don't think anyone other than Pappy showed up for the OG picture.  However a few showed up for the GN photo shoot.  Either way, I enjoy catching up with a few board members. 

Irishwhiskey

I was there. Wish I had know some of the team was there.  Personally, I think the event was a bust.  Stuff cancelled, funding cuts and such.
The quality of the vendors was awful.  Mostly junk or someone wanting to sell a $10K trip.
The Grand Nation Auction is not set up for the average member.

Bottom line  --- I am way over Nashville and the faux cowboy mentality.  Past time to move the show to another venue.  I dropped very little cash there. More with Tom Kelly than anyone.

jakesdad

Bottom line  --- I am way over Nashville and the faux cowboy mentality.  Past time to move the show to another venue.

I vote for St. Louis................that way I can go every year as its only 2 hrs from home ;D

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

pullit

Quote from: gophert on February 17, 2015, 06:32:34 PM
Well, I go every year, only because I work about 15 min from the Opryland Hotel.  It was much bigger this year and totally confusing.  I don't think anyone other than Pappy showed up for the OG picture.  However a few showed up for the GN photo shoot.  Either way, I enjoy catching up with a few board members.

That is about it for me as well. Came home and ordered a couple of decoys from Cabela's cheaper than I could have bought them at the show.
Talked to a couple of vendors that gave me wrong info. Came home, checked the web out and could not find what they said they had, called the factory and they said it did not exist, so I will move on.

It is kind of cool to catch up and see folks you don't get to see once a year.

Hooter

Yep, same ole stuff.  Did buy a new hat though. Bumped into about a half dozen Celebs.
Got a good workout for my leg!  ;D Forgot how big that place really is.
Ran into several good friends, and finally got to meet Big John "Pullit". Also finally met the Lovely Leah.
Didn't really care about all the new products, and my 20 year old decoys that Gophert likes to make fun of, seems to still get the job done anyway. Even all my calls are old school.
I mainly went to spend time with my forum brothers.