turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

congrats to Paul Platz

Started by scoot12, February 13, 2015, 03:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoot12

I just talked to Paul and his cherry aluminum over slate took 3rd place,  his walnut double glass took 5th place and his walnut double sider took 6th.  Great showing at Nashville.  Scoot

REBELYELL

:z-guntootsmiley:

I have that call and it's a good one.   

sbbow

Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captin_hook

MikeStaten

At the convention today and was playing those calls. All sounded great. 

Triple B

Quote from: scoot12 on February 13, 2015, 03:59:39 PM
I just talked to Paul and his cherry aluminum over slate took 3rd place,  his walnut double glass took 5th place and his walnut double sider took 6th.  Great showing at Nashville.  Scoot
I understand his slate should have placed as well,according to some that ran his slates at the convention.

chuckward

I ran his slate Friday at the convention. Not sure which wood it was, but it was the best sounding slate I've ever ran. Chuck

Tom Dooley

I agree with the above. I played several calls on the call makers table and Paul's cherry slate was best. I also loved his glass call and I have one of each on order.

scoot12

did you order his walnut double glass?  one of my favorite glass calls  Scoot

Triple B

Quote from: chuckward on February 15, 2015, 10:46:31 AM
I ran his slate Friday at the convention. Not sure which wood it was, but it was the best sounding slate I've ever ran. Chuck
Most of his slates are either Cherry or Maple.The maple has a higher pitch than the cherry.Both are very good,I personally have the cherry.Hunter 22 has posted pictures of both at some point.
The walnut double glass is a sure winner as well.

goblr77

I agree. That cherry slate is the best slate I own. I don't see how it didn't win something unless Paul didn't enter it for some reason.

Triple B

Quote from: goblr77 on February 16, 2015, 11:08:24 AM

I agree. That cherry slate is the best slate I own. I don't see how it didn't win something unless Paul didn't enter it for some reason.
He did enter it.From some in the know,it should have placed absolutely.

Tom Dooley

Quote from: scoot12 link=topic=50828.msg5065 55#msg506555 date=1424052474
did you ordYer his walnut double glass?  one of my favorite glass calls  Scoot

Yes, I ordered the walnut double glass and the cherry slate. I played several calls on the call makers table along with lots of call in the convention. I liked his slate and glass call over all of other slate and glass or crystal calls I played. I also got a chance to talk to Paul there. He is a super nice guy.

mgm1955

Congrats to Paul. He makes some fantastic pots!!!