North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

When do your gates go up?

Started by FullChoke, February 10, 2015, 03:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

What date(s) does your season open up?

Here in Mississippi, we can take yutes to the woods from March 7th to March 13th.

Our regular season blasts off on March 14th and runs until May 1st.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

youngins=April 11 & 12

regular=April 20 - May 10

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Hooter

TN is April 4th.  Won't be doing AL and GA this year, which are a couple weeks earlier.

Redfish

North Florida is March 14-15th for the kids. Grown folks season starts 21st.  Wish they would start a little earlier here. Gobblers are already strutting.
John 3:16

FullChoke

Historically, Florida was always the first state to open their season. Is there a reason that they have pushed it back?

I just made a cursory check of the season openers across the nation. There is only one state that opens before Mississippi on March 14 and that is HAWAII! Oh the awkward shame of it all.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Redfish

I think South Florida opens Feb. 28. I can't remember for sure but I think they pushed it back a week for us up here. It doesn't make any sense.
John 3:16

FullChoke

Anyone else? How about our PA brothers? Once that snow melts down to where it's only 3 feet deep, I know you start wanting to go practice calling from your back porch.  :fire:

FC