turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

835, Jelly Head w/ LB 3.5" #5's

Started by M4J0R T0M, February 09, 2015, 11:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4J0R T0M

Just got my first turkey gun and got it patterned today. Here's my best target. It was at 40 yards, measured with a rangefinder. Check it out. I was thinking about trying a tighter choke and seeing if I can get close to 200 in the circle. What do y'all think?

ericjames

bammerslammer 50

I'd hunt with that any day of the week!  :OGturkeyhead:

DirtNap647

captin_hook

M4J0R T0M

Quote from: Dirt nap on February 10, 2015, 06:15:56 AM
good pattern get a 670 and watch out

I keep telling myself I don't need a .670 but boy am I curious to see how much my pattern density could improve.

drum817

Looks like the shot might have been a touch left..... But it's a very dead bird.  I believe I'd adjust the sight just a little bit and go hunting.  Looks great for 5's!!!!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

M4J0R T0M

Quote from: drum817 on February 10, 2015, 10:25:35 AM
Looks like the shot might have been a touch left..... But it's a very dead bird.  I believe I'd adjust the sight just a little bit and go hunting.  Looks great for 5's!!!!

It was a very windy day. The wind was swirling from behind me and coming right to left. I was doing my best to time my shots when I felt little to no wind. But I still think it affected a couple of the shots. I was really surprised at how little wind it took to throw the pattern off at 40 yds. It makes sense since the pellets are so light, I just hadn't done it before and was surprised to see the results.

trkehunr93

Dead turkey, just hold a tight bead and your good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

nice pattern, lots of 5's in that tom. get the stuffing ready!

Twowithone

09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

surehuntsalot

dead bird all day long
something in the .675-.680 range would probably tighten it up some, but dead is dead
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

LARRYHAYNES

Buddy I wouldn't touch anything. Great looking pattern for #5
LARRY

turkey buster

Why tinker with that many 5's in his noggin

bcknuts

Kevin