OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Materials

Started by bangbird, February 04, 2015, 02:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bangbird

I've been making my own mouth calls for a good many years now. Seems every year certain material becomes unavailable, the mfg quits making it.

This seems to have escalated the past couple years.

I went to order materials today and they don't have several styles of latex that I love. For example there is no longer any of the light gray .004. Man I loved that stuff. Also they are going to stop making thick tape. That's gonna hurt me since I can't use thin tape. Guess I better stock up.

I reckon I'll start looking for new combinations to try....

Anyone else having issue getting materials?

GobbleNut

I haven't had any issues with getting materials, but you are the second person in the last couple of weeks that has indicated that some things were out of stock.  Hopefully it is just a short-term thing and not an indication that call materials will be getting harder to get and more expensive. 

Otdrzman

I ordered some material recently as well. What I noticed is that the green that i received is now a dark green and seems to me to be a little thicker. Also, the proph that I had gotten in the past seemed to be much straighter/flatter. The new proph is extremely wavy. I also understand that it is impossible for the proph or latex to not have some folds/creases and such to deal with. Still makes a nice sounding call. Just makes me wonder about the consistency from call to call.

Roost Wrecker

Not sure if anyone else has experienced it but I got some latex in the other day and it was really bitter tasting. I usually don't have a problem with that either.

Gooserbat

There are other tape sources, however you have to buy in lots of 1000.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.