OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Cleaning the barrel between shots

Started by doepee, March 21, 2011, 01:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doepee

I have a bore snake I was going to run through my barrel between shots--do you guys pull it through your choke tube also, or put a different choke in then pull the snake through and put your turkey choke back in??

drum817

I bring my bore snake through the chamber and out through the choke....so it pulls the "junk" out with it and not into the chamber/action.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

doepee

I guess I should of clarified myself --I do run it through the chamber and out the end of the barrel. I was wondering if it would pull any crap into your choke?

drum817

The bore snake will get the barrel and choke fairly clean....I just leave my turkey choke in.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

pullit

pull it thru from the chamber to the choke If you go the other way, you will be pulling all that stuff into your action.

hookedspur

your doing it right ,leave your tube in you dont want to pull the trash into the threads.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

doepee

I would of put a regular choke tube in and then pulled the snake through and put my turkey choke back in...

sugarray

No, don't change chokes.  I have an IC and they are the worst IMHO about picking up trash.  I also take a small toothbrush to clean out the ports of my choke.  I pull through 3-4 times between shots.

bowhunter84

Quote from: hookedspur on March 21, 2011, 02:11:09 PM
your doing it right ,leave your tube in you dont want to pull the trash into the threads.
:agreed: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: