OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Darrin Dawkins

Started by hunter22, February 02, 2015, 07:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

Here are some Darrin Dawkins pot calls. Lots of outstanding pot call makers out there right now and I would rank Darrin's pot calls with the best of them. Top two are slate, middle two are glass, and the bottom two are aluminum.

dreis3

Some stone cold killers there Rickey!
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

MikeStaten

Do you prefer the anodized or the raw aluminum?  Did you sand the aluminum raw or did it come that way?

Thanks

hunter22

The call that is raw aluminum was sanded. I have had the call since 2010 and have killed a few gobblers with it. A buddy and I doubled last spring while I was running it. It was just so slick I could not control it before I removed the finish. I am not recommending anyone do this but it worked for me. The new anodized aluminum call I just got is not slick and grips a striker real well. Darrin sends pool cue chalk to use on your striker that you will use on an aluminum call. The new aluminum call my be the first out of my vest this spring. It is that good. 

West Augusta

Good lookin set of calls.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

M,Yingling

Some fine lookin calls u got their,,, Rickey
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

chuckward

Great set of calls. How does the crystal compare to other crystal calls you have?

hunter22

The Dawkins crystals rank with the best I have and I have a few. When calls get to that level it is hard for me to say which is best. They all have a slightly different tone and then it becomes what sound is your personal preference.

scoot12

I agree with Rickey,  Darrins walnut crystal calls is one of the best sounding crystal calls I own,  match it with a two piece diamondwood striker and its awesome.  Scoot

mgm1955

Some real fine pots there!!

sbbow

Very nice !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatpaddle

A SIX-pack of turkey talkers..... :you_rock:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

SS Calls

Darrin makes some fine pot calls. I've ran several of them and they were all turkey! Congrats Rickey.  :icon_thumright: