Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Old Bessie

Started by FullChoke, February 02, 2015, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Since we are a team that focuses on using the 20 gauge shotgun for taking gobblers, our guns are our theme. One of the things that's fun is custom tweaking our guns to suit ourselves and hopefully enhance our hunting.

Let's post some photos and descriptions (and nicknames if they have them) of your 20 gauges that will be roaring for you this year.

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Hooter

I call mine, Little Nelli. She is a M1 Super 90 Benelli.
She has been a joy and sweetheart to carry and shoot.
She has taken 12 fairly large Toms, in just her first two years of service.
Yep, she does it all,... Turks, Doves, Ducks, and even Old Crows. No optics for her. She is content with just a little red bead.
Actually bought her for my Wife, but she still likes the Double better. Werx fer me!  :toothy9:
That is the M1 on the bottom.  10 ga Browning on top. LOL!!

pullit

Well this will be my first year to hunt with a 20 ga, so as Gophert can attest I have tools in my basement and with the winter, I have time to play.
This started life as a Mossy youth gun, I am 6'4" tall so the short stock was a no go. I figured as long as I was putting a new stock on it, why not put on something that felt good to me. I bought a Remington Shur Shot stock set from Midway, sent the gun and had it Ceracoated, cut the forearm to look something like the Rem. forearm, and mounted a Burris FFIII to it (not pictured). The result, is either a Remberg, or a Mossington, which ever you prefer.
I have also started on an 870 20 ga that I picked up this past Sunday. So far it has been on the mill to be drilled and tapped for a 336 mount. I have tuned the trigger to 3 lbs, bedded to 336 mount to the action, and polished the barrel. I am going to change the lam. stock out for a factory synthetic stock of some kind.

As soon as the weather breaks and gets up around 55-60 deg, I am going to shoot these two and see what I really have. I am about the go nuts in the mean time.

Here is the "Frank-N-Gun"/Mossington/Remberg

gophert

Yes, pullit has plenty of BIG machines in his basement.  I figured by now he would just make his own gun  and call it a pullington.  Oh well, a mossingtonRemberg will do. 

Me and camocutie pretty much shoot the same thing.  Her's is a little more to her liking.  She calls her's Merice, (murrese).  She doesn't like camo on her gun, just flat black.  Mine, is the camo 870, with no name. 

FullChoke

Mine is a Remington 870 Express 20 gauge with a polished barrel and a drilled and tapped receiver, a Mueller Quick-Shot red-dot sight mounted on a picatinny rail, custom 3D camouflage and a hand woven paracord sling.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

mine is just a plain jane  870 youth   I named her Matilda

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

gophert

Quote from: FullChoke on February 03, 2015, 06:39:31 PM
custom 3D camouflage

Ok...that right there is crazy looking.  You better never set it down in the woods and turn your head or you will never find it again.  What is it on the gun?

FullChoke

Quote from: gophert on February 04, 2015, 12:19:25 PM
You better never set it down in the woods and turn your head or you will never find it again.

As a point of historical note, I was once momentarily baffled as to the whereabouts of the referenced firearm following an impromptu urinary event. After a thorough search of the immediate area, the referenced firearm was identified and taken back into possession. On a positive side note, the referenced firearm had not been unwittingly used as an accessory in the urinary event. I was self-admonished to take a more active role in the marking of the location of the referenced firearm during future dispensatory events.   :TooFunny:

Eric Gregg

Mine is a Remington 870. It has a 28" barrel, tru glo ghost sight and I am shooting fed hw #7's. It has some reach out with that longer barrel. I named her Rosie,cause she is a whole lotta a gun to tote, but got some range.

jakesdad

Mine is just plain jane 870 with wood stock and matte finish.Have a hi-viz front bead,jellyhead choke and shoot old Remington Hevi-Shot 1 1/4 oz #6.Finish is worn off parts of the stock and forearm.Haven't really given it a name though :-\

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Gagry

Heres mine no names just 20 or 12. The last few years its been the 20. This year 20 + tss   :OGturkeyhead:

Ps. I hope the picture post if not I will try again-- Mike