turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What do you think about zink calls?

Started by Juan Gonzales, January 31, 2015, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juan Gonzales

Hello all, all I've ever used is hunter specialties calls but was thinking about trying some zink calls this year. I really like their duck and goose calls but was wandering about the turkey calls. Thanks

mgm1955

turkeykiller

I have a Zink aluminum call but if you want a awesome slate call you need to check out Shane Hendershot Mind Game slate call it's the best sounding slate I got. They are great calls.

Juan Gonzales

What about the mouth calls? Are they all pretty much the same sounding or are some better than others

TauntoHawk

The thing about production calls, although they can be pretty good they aren't always as precise  as customs. One might sound good another of the same call might not. There are lots of custom makers that cost the same that would guarantee their calls and replace any duds. For that reason I stick to customs. I've had some awesome sounding production mouth calls and when I tried to buy extra they sounded nothing alike.   
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

birdyhunter

I have a crystal power hen that sounds as goo if not better than any of my custom calls. Their cs is also fantastic. Mine got cracked and all I had to do was send it back and they didn't just fix it, they sent me a brand new one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowguy

I see it was already mentioned but I'll second it, production calls can vary. They aren't tested individually either.
I talked w a call maker just yesterday. He mentioned in a run of like 20 calls, 3 didn't quite sound right. He threw them out.
You'll never get that w production calls. Also commonly custom guys match the strikers for best sounds something else you won't see in production calls.
If you go strictly for sound lots of guys make great calls. Typically the fancier fit n finish calls cost more. But it's what makes lots of guy's tail wag, mine included

markjm15

All of the zink calls are great sounding calls. As are the mouth calls once youve learned to control them.
Mueller Custom Calls

-Mark Mueller

Juan Gonzales

Thanks guys, if I was to order a custom call which would be a good route to take

okiegobblers

Lots of good custom guys on here. For me I prefer SS Custom Calls for my box call. Kimmy Hanks for my pot calls and Gooserbat for my mouth calls. All three have websites, just google them.

scoot12

I have a zink wicked slate call and its one fine sounding slate,  I had Scott Wilhelm who is a staffer for them pick me one out and Scott won the grand national friction contest about 5 years ago so he knows a great call when he plays one.  I believe its actually slate over an aluminum soundboard.  Scoot

Bowguy

Lights out, David Halloran, and Cody, not real pricy n I've never heard a bad one. Remember though all surfaces have dif characteristics. You prob wanna decide on that first

neal

All great calls mentioned, I'd also say call Hooks custom calls, he'll run one over the phone for you and decide from there. Most guys will do the same, call around talk to some guys let em run them for you and decide. Bottom line if you're not comfortable and confidant in your call it'll come across that way in the woods.

Don't rush to spend your hard earned money.

Neal
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: TauntoHawk on February 01, 2015, 03:41:37 PM
The thing about production calls, although they can be pretty good they aren't always as precise  as customs. One might sound good another of the same call might not. There are lots of custom makers that cost the same that would guarantee their calls and replace any duds. For that reason I stick to customs. I've had some awesome sounding production mouth calls and when I tried to buy extra they sounded nothing alike.

agree 100%
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

turkey buster

Call Lonnie Sneed and get a hot hen slate and call Gooserbat and get some mouth calls and never look back