OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Ithaca turkey slayer any one?

Started by 10ga.Trauma, January 25, 2015, 05:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10ga.Trauma

Does anyone out there carry an Ithaca turkeyslayer? What does it like? Just bought one myself.

Gumby

I hunt exclusively with an Ithaca Turkeyslayer 12ga. Mine is new model from the guys in Sandusky. It loves hevi-13 6 and 7. Use the custom Briley choke that comes with the gun. In my opinion it is the best pump turkey gun made. Is yours new or bought used?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10ga.Trauma

bought it brand new. I bought a deerslayer 3 and loved it so much i had to get their turkey gun.

Gumby

You will not be disappointed. Like I said, the choke that comes with the gun is great. The only shell that my gun didn't like was the Federal Heavyweight with the Flightcontrol wad. Using Hevi 13 7 I think I averaged 210 or so in the 10 at 40 yards. Even pattern as well. It also does great with 6's and 5's and even throws great lead patterns.  Best of luck this year.

10ga.Trauma

thanks you too buddy. and thank you for the pattern info

RAY

Just curious if these are 3.5" chambers? And what camo pattern do they come with?

Gumby

3" only and the camo pattern is by TrueTimber Camo company. I cannot remember the specific pattern name

dirt road ninja

A friend of mine has one. Very solid weapon, should be more popular than it is.

decoykrvr

The primary reason that Ithaca shotguns aren't more popular is the cost of the firearm.  With Ithaca shotguns the old adage that," You get what you pay for!" could not be more true. Unlike all other pump shotguns being made today, Ithaca's are truly handmade one-at-a-time with the craftsmanship, hand-fitting, and assembly not associated today with production shotguns,  It has been sad and sobering to watch the decline in quality and workmanship in a lot of the shotguns being produced today, but if you want a shotgun which will come out of the box like a slick, smooth, broken-in shotgun and will last a lifetime, look no further than an Ithaca!

10ga.Trauma

that is exactly why i switched from my remington sp-10, and 870 slug gun to an Ithaca turkeyslayer and deerslayer III, they are great guns. If you havent picked one up yet you owe it to yourself to give one a try

30_06

I will echo the sentiment that Ithaca makes the best pump turkey gun out there. Dare I say the nicest pump gun period.

Mike Honcho

I have a Turkeyslayer version built at Kings Ferry , NY in about 1997 I think.  It is dipped in Mathews Lost Camo and is a beautiful gun.  I am not left handed but one nice thing about 37's is they can have a left handed safety installed.

I have owned mine for about three years and have never taken a tom with it yet...I use several turkey shotguns and it just seems I never have any luck when I take this gun out!

I am making it a point to use it more this season.

mikejd

I have one for about 12-13 years It has never been fired. My favorite, Advantage camo.

USMC0331

Is the receiver drilled and tapped for optic mount?

30_06

The new ones from Ohio are drilled and tapped. I have never purchased an older one that I did not have to drill and tap.