turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mounting turkey beards?

Started by ScottS, January 22, 2015, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottS

Just looking for ideas on displaying my turkey beards. I see them hanging with a shotgun shell all the time and I'd like to do something different. If anyone has pictures or ideas they would like to share it would be much appreciated.

ScottS

alclark2

Hoosier Hunt n Fish

ScottS

Quote from: alclark2 on January 26, 2015, 03:47:20 PM
How many do you have?

I have a turkey fan that im gonna mount on a plaque and then mount five beards under it somehow. After that I plan on just making plaques just for beards and Spurs to put to the side of the fan.

albrubacker

Midwest turkey supply has some different setups.
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

SCTrky10

Here is something that I came up with for some of mine. I wish now that I would have made it large so that I could have done this for all of my beards and spurs. Planning to build something larger soon so I can display the rest of them in a similar way. This pic turned out grainy for some reason, but it gives you an idea.

ScottS

Quote from: SCTrky10 on February 06, 2015, 11:01:19 AM
Here is something that I came up with for some of mine. I wish now that I would have made it large so that I could have done this for all of my beards and spurs. Planning to build something larger soon so I can display the rest of them in a similar way. This pic turned out grainy for some reason, but it gives you an idea.

Now that one is pretty cool!

Chilly

I turned out imitation aluminum hull caps and slotted the inside so I could hot glue the beard base inside and hang them.  I hung them under my first longbeard I ever killed. I was 15 then and skipped school to do it....LOL....  Turned out pretty good.
Can't kill'em from the couch!!!!

albrubacker

Quote from: Chilly on February 23, 2015, 07:28:04 AM
I turned out imitation aluminum hull caps and slotted the inside so I could hot glue the beard base inside and hang them.  I hung them under my first longbeard I ever killed. I was 15 then and skipped school to do it....LOL....  Turned out pretty good.

Very neat idea!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: Chilly on February 23, 2015, 07:28:04 AM
I like it,looks good