turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"Gettin' me som lernin'"

Started by Big Treble, January 22, 2015, 08:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Treble

Ok so the title is a joke, but what I'll share isn't.

Spend many hours each week on the road traveling for work, and I stumbled across a podcast done by Andy Gagliano, "the Turkey Hunter Podcast".  This podcast was much more informative than I had hoped for.  To date, it looks as though he has 21 episodes so far and many I have listened to twice.

Andy covers such topics as, hunting windy days, henned up turkey's, sighting in your shotgun, hunting afternoon birds, hunting public land, breeding cycle of hens, how to cook your turkey and many more.

As a novice to this particular type of hunting, the knowledge I've learned in the past 6 months of his podcast, gives me more confidence when I enter the woods this spring.  Will I have more to learn? Absolutely!

If you are looking to learn and are doing it alone, you might want to have a listen.

ScottS

Is there an app on your phone you can listen to this on? Never listened to a podcast so I have no clue.

Big Treble

Yes probably several, the one I use on my iPhone is just named "podcast"  once downloaded you can search for "turkey hunting"

There are many hunting podcast, but sometimes they hit turkey hunting  ever so lightly.  This seems to be the most informative and dedicated to the sport.

Funny story, one was a generic hunting podcast, when I found an episode that talked about turkey hunting I listened.  He spoke of fall hunting and some states that let people use turkey dogs.  In his ignorance he said something like "I'm not sure why they let people let the dogs kill them, they should have to use shotguns like everyone else" I laughed so hard I almost blew coffee out my nose.  I wonder if he thinks other bird dogs snatch birds out of the air and kill the birds.

But this "Turkey hunter podcast"   He has several episodes with Col Tom Kelly and Harold Knight.  At the end He always ask his guest to tell about their last hunt and what was the key to their kill on their last hunt.

kevin2

I'm in the middle of my first Podcast! Anything that will put me over the top, I'm going to do!

Here's the web link...

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-turkey-hunter-podcast/e/36714509?autoplay=true

Facebook link

https://www.facebook.com/iamturkeyhunting

Thanks for the information...
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

Big Treble

Quote from: kevin2 on January 22, 2015, 04:52:32 PM
I'm in the middle of my first Podcast! Anything that will put me over the top, I'm going to do!

Thanks for the information...

Thanks for adding the links Kevin, what did you think of the podcast?

kevin2

I've listened to 6 so far. I like them. I'm learning & that is key. I quickly learned to skip his intro and exit speeches to save time!
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!