turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

which call do you recomend that i get?

Started by kj7770, January 19, 2015, 06:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kj7770

hello, ive been using pot calls from cabelas and such for the last 10 years or so. i get some that sound good for a while and i get a few turkey using them. i am looking for a new call. any ideas would be appreciated

davisd9

Lonzo trice or lights out slate or glass.

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

WV Ridge Reaper

Jimmy schaffer atomic 13 and or Sadler Mcgraw black Crystal

Tom Dooley

kj7770

How much do i need to spend for a decent pot call?

KJ
from Ipad

davisd9

You can spend as much as you want but usually 50-60 on average for a good pot call

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

M,Yingling

Quote from: kj7770 on January 19, 2015, 07:06:40 PM

KJ
from Ipad

Price don't matter their lots good calls out their that wont break the bank the only way to tell which call u like is pick some makers and call them have em run calls over phone some my have sound files ,,,your ear will tell you what call you like ,,, the call you have confidence in is the call youll kill turkeys with
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

mgm1955

Quote from: M,Yingling on January 19, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

KJ
from Ipad

Price don't matter their lots good calls out their that wont break the bank the only way to tell which call
u like is pick some makers and call them have em run calls over phone some my have sound files ,,,your ear will tell you what call you like ,,, the call you have confidence in is the call youll kill turkeys
with
:agreed:

drum817

SS custom calls have a new series of pot calls called " game over" made from Peruvian walnut and they come in anodized aluminum, bronzed glass & slate they all sound amazing!!! You can call them direct or get them at Midwest turkey call supply.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

ridgerunner

Larry Gresser at Prairie Game Calls  http://www.prairiecalls.com/   make some excellent pot calls..I have his cocobolo copper call and Hackberry slate...both are deadly on birds in every State I've hunted..I have over 50 pot calls and the birds like Larry's calls the best..so I give them what they want..lol.....that and a face full of #6's

rutandstrut

Run a bunch of calls or have the Call Maker run the calls.over the phone for you! Everyones ears are different and will hear a call differently! Find a call that sounds like the Turkey in your head and stick with it! Confidence in the call you are running will kill more Turkeys! I have close to 1000 Calls in my Collection, but I am still partial to the calls that I make!Rut n Strut Game Calls

Surgical grade

Quote from: M,Yingling on January 19, 2015, 07:56:37 PM

KJ
from Ipad

Price don't matter their lots good calls out their that wont break the bank the only way to tell which call u like is pick some makers and call them have em run calls over phone some my have sound files ,,,your ear will tell you what call you like ,,, the call you have confidence in is the call youll kill turkeys with

Speaking of a great call you need to try... Give mike a call and listen to one of his copper pots

packmule

Mike Yingling copper or Hooks bronzed glass.

MikeStaten

Stumpy (chad hutcheson) makes a nice double sided maple pot call with ceramic on the main side and slate on the smaller side.  Its a very versatile call that can go from loud to soft calling.  Jimmy Shaffers mad hen and david hallorans twisted sister are both great glass calls. 

goblr77

It depends on what surface you want to run. My favorites at the moment are below.

Slate: Paul Platz
Crystal: Halloran
Ceramic: Halloran
Glass: Lonzo or Paul Platz
Copper: Yingling
Aluminum: Dawkins