North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

And in this corner...

Started by FullChoke, January 18, 2015, 04:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Friends,

We have one seat left to fill on our team roster so let's go ahead and start some introductions while waiting.

My name is Norman Sisson and I live in Madison, MS just north of the capital city of Jackson. My wonderful wife and I have been married for almost 35 years and have raised 2 beautiful, strong and talented daughters who are out on their own. I have been chasing turkeys on and off since the spring of 1974 when I was at college at Mississippi State University. Back then, because there were not that many turkeys, no one wanted to tell anyone anything about how to hunt turkeys and certainly wouldn't tell where we could find them, so we had a rather long and frustrating learning curve. During the day I am a designer with an environmental engineering firm, and an artist at night working in graphite, acrylics, watercolors and sculpture. I am a 2 time champion of the wingbone yelper division of Grand National NWTF Turkey Call Competition, but I have had to quit making them due to eyesight.

I started hunting with a 20 gauge after I won an NWTF Edition Remington 870 Express at our local banquet. I have it pretty much dialed in at this point. I have shot handloaded TSS in it in the part, but will be switching back to Federal FC HW 7's this year. I have had some very good patterns with them in the past. I can be found hunkered next to a tree hunting gobblers on public and private lands here in Mississippi as well as Alabama this year.

Tell us as much about yourself as you feel comfortable revealing that doesn't already appear in you CIA dossier. :icon_thumright:

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

surehuntsalot

My name is Steve Randall, I live in Mendenhall, MS. about 45 miles southeast of Jackson
My wife and I have been married for 28 years, we have 2 daughters and 1 son.
I am a jobsite supervisor in commercial construction.
I started turkey hunting about 40 years ago, about 6 years ago I switched over to a 20ga turkey gun mainly for the lighter weight. because you tote a shotgun a lot more than you shoot it turkey hunting, I still carry one of my 12ga's  out every once, but the 20ga is my main go to turkey gun.
Norman the team captain is a fellow Mississippian, he and I manage to get together for an annual hunt every year which I look forward to every year.
that is about all there is to tell of me, I really enjoy being a part of this team.

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

jakesdad

My name is Tim Barnes.I live in Palmyra,MO which is in the NE corner,about 100 miles north of St.Louis. I have been married for almost 9 years and have 2 sons,ages 8 and 5. I have been hunting turkeys since 1987 when I was 16.Got really serious about it around the mid 90's. Been toting the 20 gauge for 4-5 years now for no other reason than because I want to. Looking forward to being on the team again this year.Hoping to someday meet some fellow teammates and hopefully get in a hunt at either your place or mine!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Eric Gregg

My name is Eric Gregg and I live in Charleston, MS where I and my beautiful wife are senior pastors of the Community Church of God. We are in process of adopting two beautiful girls and that means that my life is about to drastically get interesting!

I have been hunting turkeys for roughly 5 years now, and basically learned on my own through a lot of trial and error and reading Old Gobbler. It is an honor to be on the Roaring 20's roster for a third year :you_rock:

I have acquired some new hunting grounds that look to be very promising and have a lot of birds on them. I have Remington 870 that I shoot a Rem SF choke rated for HEVI-Shot, and shoot Federal HW #7's.

I am looking forward to winning this thing this year!!! Let's do this :z-guntootsmiley:

gophert

My name is Tim Wood and I reside just east of Nashville, TN in Mt Juliet.  I have been a Shelter Insurance agent for 17 Years and married for 18 years to my wonderful and forgiving wife, LeAnn.  I have two daughters, Leah age 14 and Annalise age 11.  When I am not in the woods with Leah I am on a ball field with Annalise.  Looking forward to sharing some stories and hopefully some success.

Camocutie (below) is just not into forums so she said for me just to write something.  My daughter is all girl from appearance, but shoots bows on a travel archery competition team and turkey hunts.  Archery is in full swing and her first shoot is this weekend. 

This is what I have to hunt with:

pullit

Hi, my name is John and I am not sure what I have gotten myself into but I hope to have some fun with the guy and gals on the team.
I live about 40 miles west of Nashville and do custom machine design in order to feed my turkey hunting addiction.
I was lucky enough to complete my grand slam in turkey hunting a couple of years ago and love to chase the birds around.

John

Hooter

Alright John, welcome to the team!!!!  I believe we know each other. Glad to have you.

This is ole Tommy D, from Mid TN. I own a copier company, sales and service.
Was a Nascar member and US Shooting team member in the mid to late 90s.
Been competing with gun and bow since 1980. Pretty much retired, or should I just say tired of it the last few years. Now I've had a slight physical setback. Was in a car crash 5 months ago, and recoop has been a snails pace.  Should be able to put a few on the board anyway.
Love hunting pretty much anything, but Turkey take the top spot!! :camohat:

pullit

Tommy, glad to see your here as well. Hope you get all healed up and ready to go by turkey time. Maybe I can get together with you and do a little hunting this year.
Right now I am planning to head to TX with Reloader and chase some Rio's around later this spring.

xarcher

Jeff Rihn here.  Live in SW PA in an area dotted with small farms and homes.  Been married for 32 years and our 3 birds have left the nest.  Been hunting around home for as long as I can remember but also have opportunities each year to hunt AL, GA, NC and SC.  Not sure if I will make it to all of them but will likely get to hunt SC and at least one more. 

Started drinking the 20 ga juice last year and you all were very kind in letting me join your clan.  Had a good year last year so let's hope no sophomore jinx here. 

Good luck to all and be safe

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.