Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Welcome Back!!!!

Started by anthonyjhallen, January 17, 2015, 12:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonyjhallen

Well, its that time again.  I hope everyone stayed warm this winter. 

Lets get this started.  Last year I had alot going on during turkey season and didnt think I would  make it back for another year.  Things have changed and I am a little more energized this year.

Some of you may have already seen some of the things we have going on.  Our team has a facebook page now and we are in the process of getting it off the ground.  American Strutter (previsouly hogglegobble) has volenteered to be our officail call maker and is listed there as such.  If you have a facebook account please go to the page and like/share it with your friends.  We need all the help we can get there.  Eventually I would like to see each of you with a little something extra in your vest/pockets before the season starts.  If you would like to take part in that I need all the content you can muster.  Pictures, videos, product evaluations, whatever.  If you have something you would like to contribute to the team in the terms of media let me know and we can put it up.  The more content the more justification I have when I go to call makers, ammo manufacturers, cammo companies, etc.  The need the publicity and the more followers a page has the better of they are.  If you want to participate let me know.  If not thats fine too.

Here is the link: 

https://www.facebook.com/teamcrusaderturkeykillers?ref=hl

Next, here are the team members I am tracking this year.

1.  anthonyjhallen 
2.  Gobblenut
3.  Hookedspur
4.  Thenatural67
5.  Snapper1982
6.  Boff
7.   American Struter
8.  honker22
9. vicksburg
10. Mark72
11. Cliff Owen
12. cmadams

I will assume duties as the captain this year as long as no one else wants to take the reigns.  Its not difficult and I think that the term "captain" is a bit over rated in this venue.  The way we usually do business has seemed to work so far.  If you see a teammates photo that is questionable bring it to their attention.  With that said, take plenty of pictures.  I have learned that you cant take to many. 

Finally, there have been some rule changes from the previous years.  This year you will only be able to score one beard.  If you kill a gobbler that has multiple beards you will only be able to enter one of those beard lengths, not all beard lengths totaled up like before.  This should even out the playing field and make it a much closer race. 

I am looking forward to this spring more than I have in several years.

Lets do this, and lets finally win this thing!!!!

hookedspur

Great
If you do banners I need two tracks and 12 birds for the last two years .

THANKS Captain
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

snapper1982

Woohoo it is finally getting to be the best time of year! I too need an up dated banner. No objections from me for Anthony for captain.

BOFF

I've been thinking about joining facebook, but just can't seem to do it.

Anthony for Captain is always a good choice!!  :icon_thumright:

God Bless,
David B.

anthonyjhallen

David,

Facebook can be a hassle at times but there may not be a better way to communicate these days. We would love to have you as a friend on our page.