OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester Lead Free High Density Turkey Loads

Started by Spring Creek Calls, January 17, 2015, 08:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drum817

Quote from: turkey buster on January 17, 2015, 07:55:55 PM
I'm pumped they are offering it in a 2.75 shell. Might break out the old full choke Browning Belgium A-5 for a hunt
I like the idea of a 2 3/4" #6 load that will throw a nice pattern at 40 yards!
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Izzyjoe

I'd like to try some in my old 1100 2 3/4 full choke, and my High standard md 20.

daymude7288

I don't know if they are bringing it back or not guys.  The #4s never really went away because they weren't near as popular.  They have had the same boxes at bass pro for two years now. When you guys find 3 1/2" #6s than I would get excited.  Not trying to be negative just don't wnat to get my hopes up.  I hope i'm wrong!

turkey buster

showed 3.5 #6's online on the link I posted. They were in stock also.

daymude7288

I only see #4. The picture shows #5 but the options to order are #4.  Unless i'm doing it wrong.

owlhoot

How did these compare to the Hevi loads or the Fed. HW loads on the pattern board?

Any suggestions on chokes for them?

Chokes for 2 3/4" 6's ?

turkey buster

Quote from: daymude7288 on January 17, 2015, 11:54:15 PM
I only see #4. The picture shows #5 but the options to order are #4.  Unless i'm doing it wrong.

I'm pretty sure that I seen there were #5&6 shot available but I went and looked again and you're correct it shows just #4 shot now. I either read wrongly or it sold out that quick. Lol! I'm thinking the excitement and my eyes played a trick on me. Maybe by turkey season we will have the truth

mudhen

Same stock #'s, same shell probably...

I liked the 6's, but they never out patterned H-13 in any of my set-ups...

But, I like the speed, and I killed dozens of toms with them in the past...

Still have a bunch...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

SKFOOTER

That is an old news thread on Winchester's website. They are not bringing back the Xtended Range loads. :OGturkeyhead:

albrubacker

Quote from: daymude7288 on January 17, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
I don't know if they are bringing it back or not guys.  The #4s never really went away because they weren't near as popular.  They have had the same boxes at bass pro for two years now. When you guys find 3 1/2" #6s than I would get excited.  Not trying to be negative just don't wnat to get my hopes up.  I hope i'm wrong!
X2
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

owlhoot

Looks like a 2015 catalog to me.

Did they actually ever say they were discontinued?

Saw 20 gauge 5 shot at bass pro , think they been there for quite a  while.

drum817

Just spoke with Donnie at Winchester ammo.  The Xtended Range shells ARE NOT coming back.  They are only on the web site because "there is still some old stock floating around"..... Sorry guys.  They are "permanently discontinued"  :'(
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

Spring Creek Calls

Thanks Drum! That was kinda like torture trying to find some out there for sale. We can now put Win HD to rest.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com