OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

A hearty WELCOME to the 2015 Roaring 20's team!

Started by FullChoke, January 16, 2015, 12:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

I am thrilled to be back again this year the 2015 Old Gobbler Turkey Contest and proud to be representing another strong team of Gobbler Nightmares. This year we are again blessed with a teammate of the fairer gender who we trust will continue her unbroken string of Whack 'em and Stack 'em style turkey hunting: Miss Camocutie. She looks absolutely adorable standing over a dead gobbler.

I want to take a few moments to stress how important it is to our team to score, photograph and post every turkey that you take this year, even if it does not represent an upgrade of a previous bird. Also, please consider writing out the particulars on your interesting hunts in the story section. I know that I love to read about your victories and misses, and I suspect that I am not the only one. There is an incredible reservoir of woodsmanship, knowledge and skill in this team that can be used to help make us all better turkey hunters.

I will post up all of the needed information and threads in the following few days to help get each of us back up to speed and working together.

We presented a very strong running last year, coming in 7th in what turned out to be a very tough field of competitors. We were edged out of 6th place by 1 point which should show you just how tight this contest can be. I have seen the high caliber of hunting skills that are inherent in this team and know that we have the ability to take the top title in this contest.

The Roaring 20's - 2015 OG Turkey Contest Winners. I love the sound of that, if you ask me.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

jakesdad

Glad to be back. Hope to add a couple of them big ol' fat MO loudmouth gobblers to the tally again this year!!   Win or Lose the most important thing is that we are gonna be turkey huntin!!!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

surehuntsalot

tickled to death to be back aboard the team
looking forward to a great season and a safe season with some of the greatest turkey hunters I know
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Eric Gregg

Great to be back on the team and looking forward to winning this thing this year.
Broke out the calls, got a new sight on my 870, going to scout some new land....Spring Fever has hit!

Hooter

Very proud to be on this team, honored ya'll asked me back!

pullit

Thank y'all for asking me, hope I can put up something to help the team out.

turkey buster

Team choot em n da face is on your turf! Lol

Good luck guys

xarcher

Norman,
Ecstatic to be back this year.  Have been doing the OG contest for many years and without a doubt you and you band are the best

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Irishwhiskey

Full Choke----- I am checking in finally.  How long does the contest run?  1/ to 12/31?

I did score in our short January season.

FullChoke

Quote from: Irishwhiskey on February 08, 2015, 07:26:36 PM
Full Choke----- I am checking in finally.  How long does the contest run?  1/ to 12/31?

I did score in our short January season.
Although I find that rather interesting, this provincial little contest just covers the spring season. I wouldn't mind getting a head start on the competition.  :toothy12:

Do you have some dead-turkey photos?

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.