turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Original Hevi-Shot??

Started by VAlongbeard84, February 08, 2011, 09:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAlongbeard84

Guys, I was browsing today and went to look at the hevishot.com homepage. I, of course, seen the 20 gauge magnum blend listed, which I think is a waste. I also seen a new offering called the original hevishot 20 gauge 3" 1.25 oz. in 7.5 shot, but at 1250 fps. The velocity intriques me on these shells. They are reserved for waterfowl, but what do you guys think of these as a turkey load?? Are the wads different from the hevi-13 3" 1.25 oz. 20 gauge offering?? Just curious what you guys think about this. Their model number is 42027 if I am not mistaken. Let me know, try them?? Or just stick to hevi-13  7's at 1090 fps???

pdqt

I know a lot of the guys are shooting #7 in hs. I shot one turkey in the fall with one of the old rem. 7.5. I was so impressed with the #6 hs, I thought the # 7 1/2 would give a tighter pattern. It was more than a 30 yd shot, but felt it was in range, if not for #4 for the second shot, no turkey. I would not shoot 7 1/2 hevi for any thing bigger than woodducks. Just my 2 cnt. The fed. hw may be okay, the extra weight should put them equal to or better than #6 hevi.

shootumindaface

Thanks so much for the heads up..

I asked on there forum but will most likely call..

1.. Are the originals the same as the 7.5s loaded by Polywad

2. IF not are they buffered..

3. Are the pellets 12 g/cc

CB on the run

Sounds like the ones we ordered from Dunns awhile back.  If so, I use them for pheasants because they didn't pattern well for me.

CB

R AJ

I wonder if they are just owning up to them being 12 g/cc .Probably think that after they put such a low price at Dunns last year and everyone sold that there is strong demand for the 7.5 in turkey loads. Lots of this shot went into reloaders own shells.
If they are truly original then they would be polywads but I doubt that they are.

A good load for many but not my choice of turkey shot as I prefer the #7s @1090.