turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

"God a grip" cheek pad thoughts??

Started by Snoodsniper, January 13, 2015, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

I just ordered a couple of these to try on my BPS. I ordered the shotgun wedge and one that's 5/8"thick just to see which one's gonna work best. I know at least a couple of you guys are using them. How are they holding up and are you happy with them?

reynolds243

i love mine on my SBE2 steady grip.  was by far the best one i have tried.  it is awesome if your just wanting something to control cheek slap.  I hunted with mine in the rain and some brutal conditions and it worked like a charm. 

IMO it is one of the better products out there and Michael the owner is just a good down to earth guy.  I called one day and just spoke with him for 30mins or so about his product and he is just a cool guy plain and simple.

Snoodsniper

Quote from: reynolds243 on January 13, 2015, 08:32:06 PM
i love mine on my SBE2 steady grip.  was by far the best one i have tried.  it is awesome if your just wanting something to control cheek slap.  I hunted with mine in the rain and some brutal conditions and it worked like a charm. 

IMO it is one of the better products out there and Michael the owner is just a good down to earth guy.  I called one day and just spoke with him for 30mins or so about his product and he is just a cool guy plain and simple.
Glad to hear you like it. Cheek slap is not an issue. I really just want to have a decent cheek weld. With my red dot and mark 5 stock I basically have to shoot heads up (if that makes sense). I spoke with Mike as well via email and he seems like a straight up dude.

reynolds243

Yeah I wanted one for the same basic reason on shooting a ff3 on my steady grip and just needed my head raised a tad. You will like it for sure.  Give mike a call if you have any issues or whatnot like I said he is a cool guy to talk to

Disclaimer: I have zero affiliation with this product and get nothing from it.  I just think it is a quality product is all

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

Ridge Rooster

I have one on my SBE Steady Grip (The shotgun wedge) and really like it. Have only hunted with it for one season so far but works perfect. Going to order a couple more for several other turkey guns I have just to give me a little raise for my FF3 and my Tru-Glo iron sights, the exact reason you are trying to achieve. I think they are awsome and I think seem like they will hold up pretty well.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

rusty4269

Do you guys have pictures of these on your steadygrip ? I'd like to see what they look like. And which one did you get?

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11

reynolds243

This is the one on mine.  I tried the other types he had and liked this one the best. The other ones are more side mounted like a Monte Carlo stock style. This one worked perfect for raising up for a site. The cool thing is even with using the bead it still works great

Proverbs 3:5

Sent from my phone using Technology

dms2511

An outstanding product!  Been using one for several years, and could not he happier.

dms2511

An outstanding product!  Been using one for several years, and could not he happier.

Snoodsniper

Got the new cheek pad on today. I needed the extra height so I went with the 5/8". Feels pretty good and I like the look. Just have to get through bunny season so I can take the time to shoot it.