OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 835 users….

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, January 12, 2015, 11:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Anyone using a Mossberg 835 Ulti-Mag Tactical Turkey.....
I shoot the 3 1/2 inch #6 Longbeards and was wondering what everyone else was using as a choke.  I shoot a hevi-shot choke(.676) and was wondering if users seem to think the tighter chokes(.670-.676) were getting better pattern results than say chokes around the .690 constrictions.

DMP

I use a .690 but with hevi shot and get great patterns.

davisd9

I shoot a .676 with hevi 3.5" #6 and get a great even hunting pattern

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tbrady835

I use ssx and get scary good numbers with lb 6's
That's not my pattern but I trust whose it is that like 263 in the ten 835 24" bbl ssx choke and lb 6's!! :OGturkeyhead:

SumToy

We shot one just yesterday with 675 and 3 inch 5's.  it was 156 with around a 15 inch total pattern. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Tbrady835

With my factory non ported ulti-full .695 I get an average of 185 in the ten at forty, I get better numbers in the ten w/ssx but I like my 20 yard pattern better with my ulti-full and I'm speaking of shooting longbeard 3.5" 6's of course

Tbrady835

I also have a .695 ported x-factor choke the one your tactical turkey came with from factory and I get better patterns out of the .695 non ported ulti full they are the same constriction at .695 but the porting makes some kind of difference bc the numbers speak for themselves!

chadabear

I shoot a tactical, have extinsively polished the bbl, and had forcing cone reamed and honed. I shoot the Hevi #7's through a Stardot .695 choke, with a 20" bbl and consistently shoot 275-285 in a 10" @ 40yds. I have used this combo for 5 seasons now, and it ALWAYS shoots exactly the same. I gnerally get 5-10 more bbs after a first shot.
1 Samuel 12:24
But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.

drum817

I've had the best results with a .675
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

surehuntsalot

.675 to .680 is best in my 835
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bawana

Anybody using Federal HW #7 in 3 1/2, and if so what choke seems to work for you?