turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Purr Pot

Started by duckaholic25, January 12, 2015, 03:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckaholic25

Looking to add a purr pot and a few more strikers to my vest this year. So which strikers do I need and who makes the best purr pot. The strikers will be for a crystal mistress, lights out black aluminum and sneeds hot hen slate. Thanks

dreis3

Purr pot - Sadler McGraw.  Here's a member here.

What strikers do you already have?  Some callmakers that consistently get great reviews on their strikers are Bill Lyman (callmakerman) and Steve Torman (West Augusta)  both are on this forum as well... Good luck and let us know what ya get!
D. Reis Custom Calls
www.dreiscustomcalls.com

sbbow

Ive been missing around with monkeywood and tulipwood both sound good on the surfaces you mentioned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple B

Quote from: dreis3 on January 12, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

What strikers do you already have?  Some callmakers that consistently get great reviews on their strikers are Bill Lyman (callmakerman) and Steve Torman (West Augusta)  both are on this forum as well... Good luck and let us know what ya get!
Good advice,and well said.....Both Bill and Steve build some of the best out there..Sadler builds some really nice stuff as well.

allchokedup

Cluck and purr pot..  Sadler McGraw
On the striker, ask Sadler but, I believe his purr pots come with a Birch striker.
What ever it is, it gives some awesome clucks and purrs with that pot.
David

mgm1955

Quote from: dreis3 on January 12, 2015, 04:37:17 PM

Got one of Sadler's pots. You would be pleased I'm sure. It does come with a long birch striker. Both Bill and Steve make fantastic strikers and they're what's in my vest. Snakewood, hickory, black locust just for a few.

mmclain

Cedar or walnut....make very good strikers for purr pots....nice dead watery sound...

matt

Sadler McGraw

I will second that about a Walnut striker, especially a one piece one.
Sadler McGraw Custom Calls
World and Grand National Calling Champion

mmclain

I like the cedar too but you have to add weight to the balance....my favorite cluck and purr striker is made from Huisach from the south west....it is more dense but the wood is buttery soft.....I really need to get some more......

matt